mod question! turbo?

leovito

Hey all

Looking to put some pretty pennies in the horse come tax time. Gonna put a TB exhaust and PCV. Wanted to know if it is viable or possible to slap a turbo on. Has any one put one on and whats the deal if you have. Any info would be great kthx

Vito

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leovito

Thanks for the google help. Lots of non helpful info... I was looking to see if someone already had first hand experience working with one.

buckwild

Thanks for the google help. Lots of non helpful info... I was looking to see if someone already had first hand experience working with one.
I have never seen a turbo build for our bike, on this forum or anywhere else, just theory threds.

Its just not practical for our bike, givin the power jump from the FZ6R to the YZF-R6 and for the money you would need to invest in a one off turbo build. You would have to be a little crazy.

That being said if I had cash to blow and nothing but time I might try, but only because I am 6'8" and cant physically fit on any SS bike on the planet :mad:

Getlow4OG

Buying a two brothers exhaust would be a waste of money if you do a turbo mod. Why? Your going to have to create all your own piping for the build alone.
If I was to go about the build I would part each item out (kit for a R6 for say would cost to much for the amount of use you will gain out of the complete set)

Fitting a inter cooler, turbo, and piping in the bike would be a task as well, but has been done many times. Gonna need some fab. Skills.
Also the more air you have the more fuel you will need....

All this is just speaking from a man that runs triples on his truck, not exactly the same but yet concept is still close.

06330i

Turbos are for hayabusas, not sport touring bikes. Save the time/hassel that you'd put into this bike and go buy a r6 or older r1. Trust me.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member