MJS header

hmmm thats kind of intriguing if you can find a decent slipon and the install and fitment works out, but in the end you're probably better off with a Marthy kit imo

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

taylorisking21

For someone who doesn't have the tools and knowledge, I see this as being a great option. Add muffler of choice, probably takes the Viper or Danmoto cans.

The only downside is the fact that people have gotten R6 headers for $30. That's a price difference of $300....
I tried the R6 header thing, was not amused!
I don't have a rosebud torch, tried a cutting tip to heat them, and couldn't get them all hot enough to bend. :banghead:

So I cut the r6 header up, cut my stock header up, and welded it together into something that would fit, clear my oil pan, and get rid of the breadbox.

Success! but it looks like cobbled garbage.... :zombie:

taylorisking21

Got the header, and it's awesome!
This is a perfect option for someone who missed out on Marthy exhausts, or doesn't want to dick with bending or welding headers. I've attached pictures comparing the R6 header I fabbed to work next to the new MJS pipe. So shiny!!! No fitment issues at all!

Also attached is pictures of my FZ6R (needs a bath) And my other beauty, my GS1100.

If anyone wants my old pipe let me know. It takes some fan-angling to get installed, but I'll take 15 bucks plus shipping. If you want to know how I made it so you can build your own, feel free to PM me.

Attachments

Last edited:

mrtho1

Nice!!! I've been considering this for a while. What exhaust option did you go with?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member