Mirrors

ylwf3vr

Bought these cheap ones off of ebay... What a pita to put on.... My dumb self couldn't figure out which was right and left.. Hope it is right cuz I'm not doing it again.. What do you all think?

Attachments

ylwf3vr

Now the pivot point (joint) is really loose on the left side. The rubber boot won't allow me to set it where I need it also. Should I just superglue the joint so it doesn't move?? What are some common fixes?

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

There's no tension screw at the loose joint? I tried those mirrors as well and didn't like them and changed back to my regular gsxr carbon fiber mirrors.
There is an hex screw for the joint but I can't get to it from it's mounted position. What did you not like about it? The view?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Yeah, the view sucked. Also I liked the way the mirrors looked when in their natural position, but you can't see anything like that and have to aim them almost straight up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'll take it for a spin and see.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

Looks good but for me visibility is more important than looks as far as mirrors go. We need to get together for a ride bro. Let me know if you need help with the mirrors, i'm by the airport.

ylwf3vr

Had these on my hyosung, really nice for something cheap

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Which hyosung do you have? I almost got the GT650 before

ylwf3vr

Looks good but for me visibility is more important than looks as far as mirrors go. We need to get together for a ride bro. Let me know if you need help with the mirrors, i'm by the airport.
For sure! I'm waiting on my exhaust to come in. I'll let you know when I'm up and running again

latony007

Those mirrors look great, and I love the signals. However you cant see squat with them. I mean about zero directly behind you, when I pulled up to a stop light I could not tell if there was someone behind me or coming up on me or anything. They did not last long. The GSXR with the signals had a little better vis but the visablilty is a lot more important to me personally so I went back to the stocks. I hear there is a ninja mirror that looks better and you can see out of. As for the signals I did exactly what scott did, in fact he helped me do it, was very easy and looks good with the signals in the scoops.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

knightmare

Thoes do suck you cant really see behind you like the stock ones. i went with the Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R Mirrors they work great good view and not in the way of my clip-on bars. I would also check out the GSXR mirros they might work with better with the stock bars. Being able to see to the sides and behind you is safer when riding. good luck man.