Mirror Mod, zx6r mirrors

I got the idea from bondgirl and put 2008 Ninja Zx6r mirrors on my 2011 fz6r.
looks great, super easy! only part you have to be careful with is removing the rubber from the old mirror without tearing and then placing it under the new mirror base so it wont fly up in the wind

Attachments

txjames

Elite Member

iSpoolin

I used R6 mirrors on my FZ. LOVED THEM, visibility wasn't much worse then stock and it really straightened the bike up! Plus I got them for like 15$ from an awesome member here!

roundhouse

what about visibility? better?
i have them too. you loose visibility. still better than my old R6 but still a downgrade in terms of function.

i have no problem with them though as they look soooooo much better and I only had the stock mirrors on for a few hundred miles before swapping them.

applejax

i have them too. you loose visibility. still better than my old R6 but still a downgrade in terms of function.

i have no problem with them though as they look soooooo much better and I only had the stock mirrors on for a few hundred miles before swapping them.
I wouldn't say you lose visibility, it just changes the view to under Elbow rather than the stock over elbow.

roundhouse

I wouldn't say you lose visibility, it just changes the view to under Elbow rather than the stock over elbow.
ZX mirrors are in closer. with the old mirrors i didn't have to turn my head. these i have to adjust arm and head to get a view. also i could see behind me better with the stock mirrors. its not a huge difference but noticeable to me.