Military Sportbike Rider Course

ylwf3vr

Well just got done with our discussion part of the course. Good discussions overall.. Covered body position, swerving, techniques on trail braking, cornering, and the incident in NY.

We're about an hour behind schedule because we've got some talkers.. But seems like its general knowledge. Especially having the Advanced Rider Course about a month ago...

Well be out on the track in about 30 min and I hear that's where this course differs from others so stay tuned!

abyss1406

you guys went to a track?! I got ripped off man

ylwf3vr

Bo Peep

Ill be keeping my eye on this thread. I cant take mine til next year, but its always good to know what im in for.

ylwf3vr

ajones70

Its very interesting to read this. In Canada the military guys dont have to do a course. My husbands been in Air Force for 10yrs here. He was also in the Royal Navy in UK for 20yrs and no course was needed there either.....just the civvy course...

ylwf3vr

Wow the range portion was VERY beneficial. They taught us the "forward and in" body positions. Basically leaning into the turn. I was always nervous of trying it but in controlled environment, why not push it?

We did decreasing radius turns a lot so we get used to throttle control, looking thru the turn, and proper body position.

Also did big circle where you can do the forward and in. And compare with just leaning with the bike. That helped out a lot experimenting different position and speed.

I almost low sided because after I went into the turn I kept pushing on the bar and rolling on the throttle. I was told after you enter the lean don't push anymore, just roll on the throttle. Great pointer for me.

Overall great course and I learned a lot more than what I learned at the experienced rider course.

ArmyFZ6R

I took mine few months ago. Definitely this course is a good idea. They helped me correct few mistakes I was doing. Plus you cant beat that is free.