Military Post Decals

Does anybody know of a good place to put post decals on bikes!? I'd rather not put them directly on my bike, so if you have any ideas, I would appreciate it! Thanks

S

Sawblade

Get a clear ID card holder with an elastic strap and tie it to your fork tube

F

FZ1inNH

Stick it to a magnetic sheet and cut to fit the sticker, then slap it on the bike when you get to the gates. :D

Thanks for the suggestions! That is alot more convenient than just slapping it on my forks!

S

sideshow_downs

I put mine on the windscreen. It doesnt look the greatest but the stock screen is only $30 so when its time to take it off its not to big of a deal.

I wish i thought of putting it on the id holder on the forks first though

S

sfcali86

umm stock screen isnt 30 bucks i checked with the dealer its 70 i got mine from a member for 30 bucks thats how you could probably get it for a better deal

A

afpreppie04

I thought they did away with the windshield stickers, maybe it was just AF? I know when I got a new car before I got out I didn't have to put one on, just ID at the gate like always.

S

Sawblade

Yes, just the AF. It's weird when I go to Bolling because the AF gate doesn't require a sticker, but the Navy gate does.

I went onto Macdill AFB in Tampa and was surpised you don't need a post decal anymore. My friend just puts a small peice of velcro on the bottom of his windshiled and slapped his decal on a peice of plastic with velcro on the back and just slaps it on and off when he comes through the gate.

uscgduncan

I pulled off the front left reflector, cut a piece of metal the size of the sticker. I then attatched the metal plate with sticker to the reflector bracket. Easy swapp out when it is time to sell. Best part is the sticker is retro so it still reflects.

A

Actionmike

Dotn know how it works in the states, in the uk we need to display our road tax details on the bike, so one of our Tax disc holders would probibly do the job for u if u want a more long term solution thats wont damage a thing and its just a nut to undo when u want it off, Cheap too u can get them from £1 for a wee plastic one up to £50 plus for a crome or carbonfiber jobby.

Random Example linked.
Hexagonal Tax Disc Holders | Tax Disc Holders | Demon Tweeks Motorsport, Motorcycle, Car Modifying, Parts and Accessories,Sparco, Arai

U can see mine just behind the pillion foot peg in this pic

A

Actionmike

Cheers :thumbup: just fired a few shots into this months scavenger hunt with less rubble in the background

C

CdnMedic

I'm glad we don't have the rules you guys do down there. Don't need anything reflective or orange, no stickers to put on my vehicles... Typically here, we can just drive on with no check at the gates... Thats not every base though.

srodgers

I put mine on the windscreen also. I think the rule officially says it has to be on the fork tube, but the guards on the Army base I work on are lenient about the placement.

However, they are not lenient about applying it to a removable device like the pouches and magnets described here by other posters. They say it has to be directly attached to the vehicle and they enforce that rigidly.

Best to check the rules carefully or ask the guards about it before you put the sticker on. They are a bear to get off once they are stuck!

Steve
Raven FZ6R