Mileage on fuel empty

llervero

I was wondering once the fuel gauge starts to blink and the trip meter goes into fuel to empty. How many miles do I have until run out of gas?

D

dako81

I think several people have tested this and came out somewhere in the mid to upper 30's. Theres a few threads I think if you do a search for F Trip.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

cbzdel

Whats the mpg on the FZ6R?

My very first full tank that I filled myself I got 39 mpg, right now I have as many miles the I did when I filled up the first time, and I still have 2 bars left, so I expect it to be in the mid to high 40's

mwilkins_2000

i have yet to get over 25mpg:eek: i cant figure out why it might be the way i ride but it still should be better than that even if i rip it alot i would think

B

blaxx

I ride a LOT of stop and go city traffic and I saw 34.5 MPG the last time I filled up. Not too bad, but could be better, I'm figuring the stop and go riding really takes a toll on the mileage. My car is the same way tho, terrible mileage with lots of stop and go.

C

CrazyBiker

mpg on the FZ6R sucks. FZ6 is much better. FZ6 even in stop and go will not go below 40. I have seen as much as 54mpg on mine highway. People here have reported 60+.

lilfuzz

I went on a 460 mile round trip at the beginning of the week. Averaged around 59.2 mpg. Thats 60 and 65mph the whole way.

J

jtarkany

And you base this on? FZ6R is actually rated higher than the FZ6 as should be expected. One bonus is the FZ6 has a much bigger tank.
Agreed! FZ6 is rated at 459 lbs Wet with 40mpg, FZ6r is rated at 467 lbs (470 in Cali) Wet with 43mpg.

Now that we have mileage and weight ratings out of the way, I have done 40 miles on a blinking bar on my FZ6 and averaged 45 mpg last time I bothered to check.

Bottom line, if you are low on Gas, get some :D

Edit: Ok, I couldn't help myself, I just had to come back and say...that 3 mpg deficit is more than made up for with the 20 extra Horsepower :eek:

fz6rwolf

Haven't tested the completely empty tank but when get to blinking bar there's still close to a gallon left so 40 seems about right. As for mpg depends, during the week commuting to and from work where much of it is highway going 70-80mph I average about 53mpg, having fun on back roads on weekends 43-48mpg. Either way much better than a cage and way more fun (ok New England quit raining so I can ride to work again).

xplodnstar

I filled up yesterday at 25 mi on F-Trip. 207.3 miles total for 4.041 gallons.

51.3 mpg

Granted, I'm mostly highway riding, but at 70 (cough, 80) mph regularly, I'd say that's decent.

S

shreveport1

mpg on the FZ6R sucks. FZ6 is much better. FZ6 even in stop and go will not go below 40. I have seen as much as 54mpg on mine highway. People here have reported 60+.
WHAT????? I've don't think I even get 25mpg with my 07......but i'm W.O.T. most of the time.:D

llervero

I got 45 MPG on my first tank (still in break in). It should get better as time passes (i hope so). That is very decent, comparing to the 60+ I get with my 250 ninja.