Me too: My New Toy

AngryAnt

I drive 7 hours Thursday night from Hattiesburg, MS to Nashville, TN, stayed in a hotel room, then first thing Friday morning I was one of the first people in the state to pick up my new toy:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Ultimate Package.

This is an HDR pic (I'm on a HDR kick right now, sorry) I took when we stopped at the Tennessee River.

And to break it in...I hit the Natchez Trace, all the way home. Saw lots and lots of bikes (mostly very large cruisers, but still nice folks lol) at every stop we made along the way. Got to Jackson, had dinner at P.F. Changs, and hopped on home. It feels refreshing to absolutely love a 'cage' for a change.

Bonus, it matches the bike! lol

Only downside - is now with two cars in the garage, I have almost no room for the bike, and I don't want to leave it outside to get stolen, so I'm all ears for any suggestions in that department. Maybe put a small shed out back that I can lock it up in?

Michael Wilson

I was hoping to see a smart car with a busa engine in it ;)

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

AngryAnt

didnt know the released the turbo already.....i know the veloster was said to be lacking there of in the "driving passion" or at least what motor trend was looking for in the car....but they will soon do a rematch article of the veloster turbo mini turbo ,fiat arbarth turbo, the new beetle turbo and a few others in that area. i hope you enjoy it man, i still wish i would have gotten a honda....granted i love my yaris its just not a honda XD or a turbo hahaha. i have never driven a hyundai....but they have come a long way since they started .
I was actually probably the first one in the state of MS or TN to buy one. They just rolled off the trucks on Thursday or Friday.

And yeah, the regular Veloster was very much lacking. I test drove the regular months ago, fell in love with it, except it didn't have the "oomph" I wanted after getting used to the 6R :)

I drove the Turbo like I stole it all the way home. Its a blast to drive, and still very practical (takes 87 octane, gets good mpg in Eco mode, has paddle shifters when necessary, 3rd door, and a hatch) not to mention the outstanding Nav system / electonics. First time since I was a teenager I had a car I really, truly love. And yes, matching the bike is a bonus :)

Now with a second car I'm gonna wait out this heat until October I think before I do an oil change and hit the road on the 6R again.