may or may not have my 6r after this weekend

Seppel

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys as the insurance company may be coming to take my bike. I crashed, and it was deemed totaled. It's all mostly cosmetic damage, but that's just how things go I guess. I want to keep it and just do some redesigning, but the insurance rep says it's super unlikely, but she'll try her best and call me tomorrow.

Bert-Aus

Sometimes you can elect to purchase the bike from the insurance company as a wreck with your payout.

In such instances however, the title is removed and vehicle is deemed unregistered/ un-roadworthy and you have to get the bike re-scrutineered by the Vehicle Governing Body.
*This is from an Australian perspective, not sure how things work in Seppo land:p

But good luck which ever way it sways!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Had to look that one up. Pretty derogatory with or without the smiley. I don't know any derogatory terms for Aussies.
My understanding of is similar to what is described here Seppo - Seppo - Surf Slang.

Dont mean to offend, more rib

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Fizzer6R

You might be right on the state by state differences. .... aaaaand not so sure anymore :(
yes it does vary by state, current one I'm in is a lot easier than some, no major paperwork long as everything matches up, they check in their systems etc... in NY you have to show proof in receipts for all repairs that were done.

not 100% sure, but I believe most insurance companies will not allow full coverage of a salvage vehicle, and if they do, the coverage won't be as much as a clean title vehicle.

so when you hear something on salvage bikes/cars on the net, check w/your local state DMV to see what their regs are.

that said, if you have the option to buy it back and are interested in fixing it up, go for it if the financials work out

Billsbet0

In California, it's a real pain, if not impossible to return a vehicle to the road after being salvaged.

Found this out the hard way when my daughters car was "totaled" in a rear end accident. It was a 20 year old Honda Civic I bought for $800 at an auction. Spent some cash fixing it up and put a paint job on it so had about $2K into it, about what KBB said it was worth. Great car, great mileage.

About a year later she was rear ended. The trunk was munched but everything else was okay. I bought it back from the insurance co then went into DMV hell trying to get all the inspections and jump through their hoops. that was even before I tried spending any money on the bodywork. Gave up, I couldn't take the bureaucracy anymore so drove it over to pick a part and dropped it off. Luckily they gave me what I spent to get the car from the insurance company.

Seppel

Update: they're letting me keep the bike with a salvage title. I had a mechanic friend look over the bike, and all the damage is cosmetic. I'm going streetfighter as I always liked that look. I have a nice design ready and parts are on their way. : )

Fizzer6R

Update: they're letting me keep the bike with a salvage title. I had a mechanic friend look over the bike, and all the damage is cosmetic. I'm going streetfighter as I always liked that look. I have a nice design ready and parts are on their way. : )
nice, glad it worked out for you!