Max luggage solutions?

Fzara2000

I did a search on but couldn't find anything comprehensive. I'm thinking of doing a 6 hour trip to Montreal on my bike and possibly a friend on my back but not sure what the best solution would be to carry two duffle bags worth of clothes.

I was thinking a tank bag and two bags to the left and right of the tail, but I wouldn't want to overload the suspension either, especially with a passenger. Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

See red

Are you staying there overnight? Or are you coming home? I would say my tank bag can carry one change of clothes for me, and a back pack maybe? how much crap you need???

Chucker

This works well, but it's a little pricey.

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Fzara2000

Right now it's in the preliminary planning stage but I'm thinking 2-3 days in mid- September. Was thinking 2-3 days, and we'd probably pack casual/club clothes and 2 pairs of shoes each. Hmmm. Max I'd spend would probably be around $250-$300 on just luggage solutions.

Fzara2000

I just think it would be a huge rush to ride to Canada on a bike. Call me crazy but this stuff gets me tingly lol

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I made a 7 hour trip into the Ozarks for 3 days with nothing more than a tail bag and some soft saddle bags. Plenty of room for clothes for the entire trip, rain gear, some extra tools and snacks. I went with Nelson Rigg bags because they have a lifetime warranty and are super durable.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

dndfindley

This works well, but it's a little pricey.
Yeah, it's pricey all right. A friend just bought one. They start at about $28,000 and go into the thirties with options. He let me ride it for a few miles. A really smooth ride and gear changes are like silk. I really liked the cruise control. It is however very heavy. I'm used to my FZ6R and I could readily tell the difference at traffic lights. He liked the lightness and manueverability of the Yamaha but didn't want to trade. The BMW does have a lot of storage if that's what you want. David

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member