Marthy Exhaust Group

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

nlpyle

That's awesome you have done so well. I can't thank you enough for this option for an exhaust. It was pretty easy to install and even the pcv was easy to install with some help from Martin. Remember to plug the air box cord back in though lol. Again, congrats brother and for anyone that is thinking about it, I would HIGHLY recommend the Viper exhaust. And Martin went way beyond what I would say is customer service. Being mechanically challenged Martin answered all my questions, stupid or not. Top notch guy and excellent product with an amazing sound.

Nate

efforex

That's awesome you have done so well. I can't thank you enough for this option for an exhaust. It was pretty easy to install and even the pcv was easy to install with some help from Martin. Remember to plug the air box cord back in though lol. Again, congrats brother and for anyone that is thinking about it, I would HIGHLY recommend the Viper exhaust. And Martin went way beyond what I would say is customer service. Being mechanically challenged Martin answered all my questions, stupid or not. Top notch guy and excellent product with an amazing sound.

Nate
Def agree with this im a super impatient guys and through the messages and confusion (my part) He was always willing to answer a question and offer as much help as possible. I dont have my exhaust yet but i dont need to speak of his talent it is plastered all over this forum. Everyone knows the name marthy for a reason thats why he had my complete trust with this purchase.

efforex

Nice! If the can is a bit too close from the brake pedals, tell them it goes side ways. But if you're happy with the can this way it's fine... nice looking bike! Welcome in the group!
Hey so was wondering about how i have my can placed i went into a turn while hanging off working on my form and the pipe scrapped before even my peg feeler so i am worried for when i get to the point i get my knee down what else might be down :( :zombie: :eek:

travisH3

How do you have your can rotated or ya got a pic? Is the can slid all the way onto the mid pipe? Mine I have it sideways almost and haven't had any issues.

efforex

How do you have your can rotated or ya got a pic? Is the can slid all the way onto the mid pipe? Mine I have it sideways almost and haven't had any issues.
I just rotated it to look like yours gonna give it a try today after work and see if i scrap parts

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

You can lean the bike in a parking lot and see if the pegs touch first.

I just want to advise anyone who want to get an exhaust soon that I will be out of town in the week of Oct. 14th to 21st. I will be at Road Atlanta helping out some friends for the Petit-Lemans race weekend.
So i have the money and the pipe already im just trying to borrow a car so i can get it to the ups store lol i have no way to strap it to my bike :( my wife works and goes to school with our only car makes it a huge pain the arse.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

Ride Again pipe scrapped Same Area

Marthy Anyway we could bend the inlet for the slip on back an inch to toC

travisH3

Ride Again pipe scrapped Same Area

Marthy Anyway we could bend the inlet for the slip on back an inch to toC
I'm guessing you don't have any chicken strips do you because if you don't then that's prolly why, your just leaned over that far. I have a little strip and mine doesn't touch down. I don't have many good roads to get a very good lean on.

I would do what Marthy says is to have a friend or two help ya lean the bike over and spin the can to where it gets the most clearance. And make sure the can is all the way onto the mid pipe.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

I use to build them close to the swing arm and I had complain about some of them touching. So I decide to leave more room... but you're the first one saying it touches the ground! Does the Viper can is all the way in?

I guess you could always bend the Viper can up a bit. But wedge something between the headers and the engine. Don't put all the stress on the headers.

Just from a friend to a friend... keep some room for a WTF moment. Riding in the street is not riding on a race track where everything is aim toward safety. Because it all goes well until it goes bad. Be safe buddy!

Email me some pics too with the Viper as it is with pic from where it rub. Thanks!
lol i was trying to type that message after i was half way on my ride i think whats happening is when i went into the turn the road slopes up and so my swing arm compensates which in turn lowers the pipe i think if i move it a tad it should be okay (back) I think the problem is i am heavy compared to probably everyone else that has the pipe or im pushing my bikes limits idk ill get some pics up though maybe you can help me sort it out.

My wife is off from school and work on thursday so ill get it sent that morning around 12 when they open.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Maverick6r

Just picked up my 6R today and super excited to start modding it, especially with Marthy's exhaust! I've gone through all 16 pages so far and I'm pumped to get my order placed in a few months!

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

Shipped an exhaust on 09/28/12 to NJ. Haven't get the stock exhaust back yet... I know there was a big storm but the UPS store is only 15 miles away... 28 minutes drive accordingly to Google Map.

Not cool at all... just saying. I'm sure if I asked for a $100.00 deposit on the headers that thing would have been back long time ago. I'm always doing my work in good faith and thrust people to return there exhaust to me... might have to change that in the future.

I won't throw any one under the bus yet...
I was late sending mine back cause I had no way to get it to a ups before closing I felt like a ass but I did my best at least to keep you informed of the situation