Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

travisH3

I guess I should add that I'm OFFICIALLY a member of the Marthy exhaust group. My viper sounds sweet and looks killer. I have been getting so many compliments on it and everyone asks what brand the exhaust is and I'm having a hard time describing it to them without starting with, the bikes exhaust is one piece is u can't buy a slip on and two brothers is way too much so there is this awesome guy that modifies the factory headers to be able to attach this viper slip on for Half the price. Haha and that's about how it goes.

only thing I did was make a bracket for the exhaust hanger that came with the slip on which is definitely not needed but I like the reassurance plus my way to school has awful bumps and I just didn't want to risk it.

Thanks again Marthy, ups says my stock headers will be there today.

And I will have videos soon, charging up the GoPro as we speak!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

travisH3

Travis can you post pics or video? Curious to see it mounted with a bracket. Was thinking of doing the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, i don't have pics of it with the bracket yet but that and some videos this weekend for sure. I have some footage, just got to do some editing.

travisH3

as you guys wanted i took some pics of my bracket i made, totally not needed but the exhaust doesnt wiggle a bit so its sturdy for my bumpy roads, videos will have to wait until tomorrow, I have been working on videos of my truck yesterday and today.

parts i used were:
5/16" by 1.25 or 1.5" long bolt and nut(stainless)
2 regular washers(stainless)
1 lock washer(stainless)
and a piece of aluminum(no rust)

here is the piece i used, rounded the corners a bit and shot it with a nice coat of matte black spray paint to make it look nice.

Last edited:

travisH3

looks amazing!
Thank you, sounds amazing too. I got it completely stock a couple weeks ago and this is what it looks like now. Only thing i still want to do is get flush mounts if I could somehow figure out a way for another signal to be seen from the front of the bike, the mirrors don't bother me too bad, they are actually quite nice unlike previous bikes that you can't see around your self.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

black_fz6r_12

Thank you, sounds amazing too. I got it completely stock a couple weeks ago and this is what it looks like now. Only thing i still want to do is get flush mounts if I could somehow figure out a way for another signal to be seen from the front of the bike, the mirrors don't bother me too bad, they are actually quite nice unlike previous bikes that you can't see around your self.
Cool! Any video yet? Or I'm blind? Lol. Let me know how much are the flush mount kits go for. I want some!

Y

yellowfz

Testing this exhaust for a short ride home tonight. Does sound really nice.

Well, its kind of nice. A little too loud for me without the DBK. I'll try the DBK tomorrow.
Just my taste, but long tubes don't look right on these bikes.:D
Maybe coming off the split without slip on tube.

daddyrack

Premium Member

travisH3

here is a quick video the sound on my way to school. i should have a walk around of the bike and some drive bys at different revs soon
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC6oLdbKF1s&list=UUaa1rZCiZAXxrc4lDEjQ2uQ&index=1&feature=plcp]FZ6R Viper Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Deathdiesel

Can I get a PM for pricing? Considering going through marthy or using an 02 R6 header and slipping on either the viper or a yoshimura.

Anyone have input on how yoshi sounds on our bikes?

nlpyle

Got my Marthy exhaust today. Just finished with the install about an hour ago. I started it up and just WOW. The difference in sound is unreal. Marthy himself was above and beyond excellent to deal with. it only took me a couple hours to replace it. With the help of marthy answering some questions it came together nicely. I am just blown away how different the bike sounds. I tip my helmet to marthy's product and how easy he is to work with. I started the bike up around 10pm and my wife could hear it up stairs in our house. The stock she did not hear at all. So of course I was twisting the throttle making beauty music but the wife say no more its late, don't want to wake the neighbors. Fine I will let them sleep, but you know they are going to wake up early tomorrow. I just can't get enough of my bikes sound. I love it. Thanks Marthy, you are the man.
Nate

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

travisH3

Travis,
Did you make the bracket yourself? I saw the post pics and the end result looks great. Also where did you get the exhaust clamp (the one actually on the muffler)?
yes i did make the bracket my self, its pretty easy just a piece of aluminum and bent it to the angle that fit best and bolted it up. The bracket that goes around the muffler is included from viper that you will get from marthy!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member