marthy/delkevic exhaust

bobby bo bonsin

thought id post some pics of my marthy header delkevic muffler exhaust i got done with last night. the header came from fz6r member NoDoze that was built by Marthy. the muffler is a 320mm delkevic that i cut down to about 8 inches. it turned out pretty good i think. this muffler comes with a long baffle that can be removed easily and it now runs the full length of the muffler. it sounds pretty good and is not annoyingly loud but is a lot louder than stock. i only rode it once last night so i need to test it out some more. i dont have a fcu yet and i have block off plates i havnt installed yet but it didnt seem to backfire much at all just gurgles a little on decel. the bike i noticed doesnt seem as torquey at low rpms and there is a lot less engine braking. thanks to marthy and nodoze for the help and parts!

Attachments

Chevyfazer

Looks good man!!! Since you do not have a fuel controller yet it would be a good idea to unhook your battery for a min or so, that way it will reset the ecu. Resetting the ecu will allow it to "relearn" the bikes fueling needs with your new exhaust. It's not near as good as a fuel controller but it's better then nothing.

bobby bo bonsin

yeah i had planned on doing that thanks alot.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Yeah I will try to do that sometime maybe. I just hate videos of exhaust sounds because most sound horrible!

BlackSamurai

Where is the ECU located on the FZ6R? Have any of you guys actually flashed you ECU? Positives? Negatives? Thanks

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Y

yellowfz

Where is the ECU located on the FZ6R? Have any of you guys actually flashed you ECU? Positives? Negatives? Thanks
Would love to be able to flash the ECU, knowing how to do automotive ECUs it would be right up my alley, as simple as these ECUs are compared to a automotive one it would be a cinch.
I think the PCV just does fueling and doesn't actually flash into the ECU, standalone injector controller (pulse width modulation) (PCV).