Making led flashers.

qnoisx

I've been thinking about making some extra led flashers for my bike and I can't find an answer to something. If I hook up some leds to the existing blinker wiring, with the correct resistors and all that, will they flash? Or does something else need to be added? I'm thinking the existing wiring already controls the flashing and I'd just need to add the lights, but I could be wrong. The existing wiring has the (black) ground, (blue) running light, and (brown/green) flashing wires already. I would just need to hook the leds up to the ground and flashing wires.

If I wanted them to be used as a running light and flasher then I'm sure it would require a fancier setup, but I'm fine without that feature. Either that or I could make an array with some always on and some that flash and use all 3 wires. Am I way off or close?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

qnoisx

I put LED's in my fake air scoops that act as blinkers. I just connected them to the existing ground and power wires coming from my flush mount turn signals. I have a thread on it somewhere.
Found it! Thanks! Now to order my leds....