Magnetic Tankbag Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9794
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 9794

I'm looking to buy one since I don't always want to ride with my backpack on and my cargo net tends to crush burgers and gyros. I don't need a mega 50 liter capacity bag, I'm not looking for touring luggage but I don't want a super small bag that'll barely fit my cellphone.

If it could hold a pair a size 13 shoes and 2 t-shirts I think it's about the right size. If it has a bladder that cool but not a necessary.

Recommend away and thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm open on pricing, if it's worth it, I'll buy it.

dom02

I've got the mototrek 14 litter. I like it a lot. Good size but doesn't get in the way. I barely notice it. It's big enough to fit a pair of sneakers and a few other small things. I was able to fit a pair of sneakers and a softball glove in mine, just barely though.

Motorcycle super store has them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Last edited:

RoadTrip

Love the manta bags, several Mfg's make them, I gots the little Joe Rocket one, but they make a Manta XL as well. Very strong magnets.

See red

Chase harper..... no wing dealies! no scratchy material. Arcs perfectly for the tank. But get what ya like.

RandiZ

mini manta

I've got a Joe Rocket mini manta. It always surprises me with how much it holds. My favorite parts are the two clear front pouches that I use for the EZpass and my phone.

joshlee

Another question about tank bags

Does anyone have any recommendations for magnetic tank bags that will hold a 15" Macbook pro (and I would prefer that it convert to a back pack)? I'm debating if I should get something like this

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/2012-OGIO-Mach-Backpack-BLACK/dp/B006QJRVBU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=15UVTDY8U7G6T&coliid=IWBPK57K83JB6"]Ogio Mach Backpack[/ame]

or if I should get a tank bag. For some background info, I'm going to be commuting roughly 80 miles to work each day and 80 back. I'll be taking the laptop and other misc stuff back and forth with me.

BKP

brewcrew

I have/had the Joe Rocket Hammerhead. Great bag, but switched up to a GIVI T480. I needed more space, and wanted the tanklock feature. Get the magnets off the tank. It worked great but it left marks on the tank when pulling it off. No permanent marks on the tank, just not as clean as the tanklock system. I couldn't find a better price/size tanklock system. I've had the GIVI for 3 days now, and one trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Holding up very well, easy on, easy off. Easier to carry around with the handle. Getting gas is much easier too, quick release and move it, versus, pulling off 3 magnets and moving the Hammerhead.
:)

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member