Madstad Adjustable windscreen

toddjcruz

Looks like they don't make one for the FZ6R, however, I have shipped them my stock windscreen and they are going to make one for the the FZ6R!

I'm in the process of making my bike a touring FZ6R and an adjustable windscreen would fit the bill just great. I would guess that he would have it ready in a few weeks, end of July I hope. I'll post when I get the final product.

I currently have:

Givi V35 hard cases and top case
17 tooth front and 43 tooth rear sprockets
Doubble bubble winscreen (doesnt do a thing for airflow)
GPS mount and USB power outlet
Brake Away throttle lock (not happy with the fit)

toddjcruz

It just taked up too much of the grip. Works well. Had it on my Cruiser and loved it, but the cruiser had a much larger grip. So, with it installed, there isnt much left to hold onto. I even cut the inner flair off the grip so it would leave as much room as possible!

toddjcruz

Photos of the Bike

Pics via Facebook

Here is the bike with the Givi's on it.

As for the rear sprocket, it was the 3rd attempt to get one that fit, as the 1st one they were not aware it was a different one than the FZ6, and the 2nd attempt (via Vortex Eng) they simply sent the wrong one. I wish a bit I had done 42 not 43 teeth, as I will be spending LOTS of time at 80-90 over the back country.

I just finished the SpeedoTuner (installed yesterday), it worked great and allowed me to set it to about 4 mph over what it actually is doing (a little speeding ticket protection).

Funny, the 17 tooth front simply make the speedo accurate, rather than 6-7 MPH fast. The rear 43 tooth (down from 46) put me about 4 mph faster than what it was reading (going 60, showing 56). Now, with the adjustment, going 60, showing 64. Turning much more acceptable RPMs at 70 now.

Last edited:

sammy56

You have got to let me know when they have the windscreen ready. I sent my stock screen to Cee Bailey's and I hope they have one soon, but who knows...

toddjcruz

So they are going to make you one based on your FZ6R windscreen? I see their site, they have a good looking one for the FZ6. It doesnt seem to have any flow-through. One of the things I love about the MadStad is that you can adjust it to allow air to flow under and through. With taller ones, you get such flow around because they don't allow some air through to relieve some of the pressure and keep the wind 'bubble' a bit larger.

Can't want to see both of them!

sammy56

CB is indeed and hopefully soon. I have only heard good things about CB products so we'll see....I too can't wait to see them both. Any speed over 68 mph gets old for me with the short screens.