M4 Exhaust

R

repsol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6s7yjOoRNM]YouTube - 2009 FZ6R[/ame]

fz6rwolf

Re: M4 exhuast

That is F'ugly!!! Sounds ok but could sound better.

reiobard

sounds good to me, and it does look a bit out of place, but not bad for one of the first to hit the market.

C

champion221elite

Air/Fuel mix is off a bit. A rich condition will cause backfiring and popping due to the unburned fuel leaving the combustion chamber and then igniting inside the exhaust system.

MNDZA

Too close to my ankle to have flames shooting out. I wish I could hear the Two Brothers exhaust sound on the FZ6R.

V

VEGASRIDER

Couldn't really hear the exhaust, I mean did you rev it up above 3000 rpms? What are you afraid of? Were the kids asleep or something? Let it rip and screeeeemmmm for a while.

D

DriftProjectR

ive never really liked how this style of exhaust looks. plus, that rear fender on that bike is really UGLY.

exhaust wouls sound better if you reved the motor a little higher.

G

Gemini77

I have CF M4's on my FZ6 and I love the look and the sound sound but they should have designed the one for the FZ6R a lot better :spank: :spank:

NDUTYME

Greetings to all, I pick up my new fz6r tomorrow, is this the only after market exhaust out there that will fit and the "intuiative frame sliders" I assume they can be mounted with out cutting the fairings?????

B

blaxx

Greetings to all, I pick up my new fz6r tomorrow, is this the only after market exhaust out there that will fit and the "intuiative frame sliders" I assume they can be mounted with out cutting the fairings?????
Check out this address for the Two Brothers exhaust system:

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-25701&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Yam-FZ6R-FULL-09.html

It looks sweet, and probably the one I will be getting, eventually.

I want the carbon fiber can, you know, black to match the bike. :)

Cant wait to hear some sound clips from anyone that will be installing one. :thumbup:

B

blaxx

NDUTYME, I about forgot to say, congratulations on your new FZ6R! You'll love it! :) Let us know how it goes!

B

blueMONday

The TB version looks better than the M4 can, probably sounds better too.

joloy133

This can gives the bike a more raw, streetfighter type look, edgy if you like that feel. The pipe looks further back than stock. TBR is a nice can but I see other types coming out looking similar, looks a little long (as opposed to a little stubby). Longer is better? Heh heh!.......................133

phocoyote7

Hello all, new to forum's and street bikes. I love my FZ6R but not a fan of the stock exhaust. I've been looking for exhaust system as well, and like the two brothers over the M4. Would really like to hear it before I shell out the cash. Was wondering if anyone has heard of anything about another brand being made for FZ6R?

I wouldn't buy that exhaust pipe. Ugly as ****. I'll wait till a better looking one comes out. Also will this void the warranty on the bike? I got the 5 year warranty.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

fz6r rider

I am buying this exhaust and then scrapping the can i just want the headers so i can mod another can to fit it

cbzdel

I think the M4 looks better than the TB, the TB looks out of place with a long can angled under the bottom of the bike..

I think the M4 looks simple and clean! If I had to choose and exhaust out of all that out today including that new Arrow (I think thats the brand) I would get the M4