Lubricating Cables

06330i

So I haven't seen many threads/options on how to properly lube our control cables. After reading a few different things online I came across this really neat/simple tool to do the job.

EZ Glider Cable Lubrication

Pretty cool little tool and its not nearly as expensive as buying a cable tool...I'm buying one as we speak, I'll let everyone know if it works well.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rawknrohl

So I haven't seen many threads/options on how to properly lube our control cables. After reading a few different things online I came across this really neat/simple tool to do the job.

EZ Glider Cable Lubrication

Pretty cool little tool and its not nearly as expensive as buying a cable tool...I'm buying one as we speak, I'll let everyone know if it works well.
I did mine with the straw that came on the can, and a couple rags to keep down the spraying of lube everywhere (that's what she said(?)) and it worked fine _without_ removing the cables or even taking them out of adjustment. It's easy on our bike, just put a little thought into the mechanisms you're working on and watch for it to start coming out the other end of the cable housing...:thumbup:

06330i

Yea I figured it wouldn't be an issue with other ways, just saw this a while back and thought it was a nifty idea, especially since yamaha recommends using oil to lubricate the cables so its a win win situation.

06330i

Got mine in the mail today, only took 4 days to get here! Anyways I love this thing, my clutch is soo much smoother now and the throttle is as well.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

WeatherB

Unfortunately he won't ship to Canada! :(

Anyone willing to do me a favor and buy from him and ship to me in Canada?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member