lowside

vengeance44

well it finally happened i lowsided thankfully im fine other than a bruised finger and a hurt pride my bike is ok the left turn signal is dangling my clutch lever snapped in half the gear shift is bent bar ends is scraped up fairings is relatively ok other than being scratched up a bit engine cover is scratched to hell other than that everything runs pretty well on the bike o ya and my jacket ripped and so did my back pocket on my jeans luckily my wallet was in there saved my butt literally lol it was quite an unamazing lowside i was leaving my little sisters concert choir and i was taking a left turn at a light the back tire slipped from beneath me and down i went so if anyone knows where i can get a new gear shifter for the 2012 model would help alot ill see if i can post some pics up tomorrow

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

vengeance44

thanks man that helps alot only thing i need help with now is having my mom calm down and convince her to stop telling me to sell my bike

Sparkxx1

thanks man that helps alot only thing i need help with now is having my mom calm down and convince her to stop telling me to sell my bike
There's no reason to sell the bike, although you should wear more gear. Maybe that'll make her feel better. If your jacket and jeans ripped on a lowside I'm pretty sure it wasn't riding gear and think about if it was a real accident, at speed...Buy some used gear if you don't have the money to buy it brand new. This weekend I'm getting A* SMX R boots that go for about 200-250$ for 80$ and they look pretty new from the pictures, so there are options.

I say use your money to get the FZ6R in running condition, as in buy the lever, use any other money to buy some gear. Just my opinion!

I'm glad you're okay though, try to assess what went wrong in the corner so you can keep it from happening again.

Last edited:

roadrat

Glad you and your bike are OK! Nothing like a wreck to help us rethink our riding, lol.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

vengeance44

well my jeans were regular jeans i been meaning to buy some riding pants but never got around to it my jacket is a real riding jacket but its a combo of mesh and leather and the stitching came out from where they meet i didnt get any road rash and the armor in the jacket probably saved my arm from being bruised and i bought it new it did its job for one fall but definately not for repeat

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

Kdubb223

Glad you are ok man, but I am curious as to how or what do you think caused the lowside. I'm still a fairly new rider myself so any insight is appreciated.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

flyingminno

Wow man, glad to hear you're alright! Well once you and the bike are healed up, if you're looking for someone to ride with in the area, pm me. You should also check Chaparral motorsports in San Bernardino if you want somewhere else to order your replacement parts from.

vengeance44

some insight i guess i would tell you dont ride after it rained and make sure to warm up your tires before u start pushing your bike sometimes you just cant predict what will happen just like me im pretty cautious but sometimes shit happens and no matter how well you take a turn or how cautious you ride sometimes you cant prevent an accident from happening lol the first thing i told my mom when i bought my bike is everybody falls at least i got mine out of the way