Lowering Links??

lizardsbba

Ok so I'm looking at lowering my bike a bit. I don't have much trouble day to day but I'm on the balls of one foot with one foot on the rear brake at a stop. I know it's bad for the geometry of the bike to lower the rear more than the front. But from what I've been seeing most people have lowered the front by sliding up the forks about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches. With that in mind I'm not sure which lowering link to go with. This is what I've found.

T-Rex Racing link - says lowers approx 2", does anyone have this and can they confirm how much it lowers?

Soupy performance Link - claims to lower 1 1/2", can anyone confirm this number?

Roaring Toyz - claims to lower 1.75" again looking for confirmation.

Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

xorbe

I got a Soupy from eBay, and I had to grind* the darn thing to make it fit. But, I think one member had the same issue with a Roaring too. Anyway, lower the rear, carefully lower the front -- it works great. I doubt anyone has hard numbers for 1/4" this way or that way. I couldn't get a clear answer either when I was trying to decide.

Don't forget to shorten the kickstand. I bought the adjustable one, looks nice.

* Approx 0.5mm clearance issue -- it simply wouldn't install even with generous application of persuasion tool (sledge hammer). I could see where it was smashing together after taking it out, and used a dremel to remove a tiny bit of material. Now, I'm not sure it'll ever come out -- might need to drill+bolt to get a grip on it.

Last edited:

The_Paragon

I got a Roaring toys lowering link.. I never did take a real measurement after the install, but I'd say 1.75" is about right. We lowered the front end 1.5" as well.
My 5'3" fiancée likes it. She can place both feet flat on the ground.
Doesn't seem to have any clearance issues or other problem. I can scrape foot pegs on a round-a-bout without pushing it too hard. But its not like we are aggressive riders so its not an issue. Overall I'd say its a decent product.

Install was fairly straight forward and not too difficult.. The link took a little persuasion with mallet to sit where it needs to get bolted in. But it fits securely,, which is a good thing. The front of the link has to sit down inside of a sort of a cup in the front.. it can be a little bit of a trick to get in there, but it does fit.

I sectioned out 1" from the kick stand and had by friend tig weld it back together. It sits on the kickstand at about the same angle as a stock height bike with a stock kickstand.

lizardsbba

Good info, the scraping might be a problem for me. I tend to ride aggressive in the corners every now and then and might see a track day or two a year, that's a big maybe. I haven't scraped pegs yet on it but I don't have much of a chicken strip on my tires.

LKLD

I lowered my wife's 2014 with the Soupy link. It went in ok, but took some effort. It was a 1 1/2" drop, and I dropped the front end .75". It handles just like stock, even at 100mph.

Best of luck,
Rob

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member