Low side fall - Trying to find a place to buy new mirrors!

BenignArk

Hey still a new member to this site. I do occasional browsing here and there on this site but I need some help! I have no idea how and where to post this so I am posting in the General Discussion area for now.

It finally happened to me. Low side fall going about 15-20 miles an hour. I'm not sure of the exact speed but it was somewhere around there. I was making a right hand turn and the bike slid out from under me. No injuries on my end thank goodness! I ride a 2009 FZ6R.

I'm sure some of you know many great places to get new mirrors as mine broke off during the fall! Ive only done a little bit of research but cant seem to find any stock mirrors around. I also need a new right frame slider as that just got torn up. Thank you to anyone who can help!

Attachments

mtheartist

Stock mirror

If I can find mine, just pay shipping and it's yours. Had switched to the Kawi mirrors when I had my 6r and may still have one of the stocks. Will look tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your incident

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BenignArk

Well I don't know if you guys still have the metal pieces as well for the part of the mirror that is attached to the fairing as that metal piece broke in the fall. If you do great then maybe we can work something out.

latony007

Well I don't know if you guys still have the metal pieces as well for the part of the mirror that is attached to the fairing as that metal piece broke in the fall. If you do great then maybe we can work something out.
hmm, you may have to order one of those from like cheapcycle parts. Im pretty sure anyone who replaced their mirrors would have used the same plate. I know the other sets of mirrors I got didn't come with any fairing plates.

BenignArk

hmm, you may have to order one of those from like cheapcycle parts. Im pretty sure anyone who replaced their mirrors would have used the same plate. I know the other sets of mirrors I got didn't come with any fairing plates.
Ok great thank you for the help!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Billsbet0

Pics coming at some point

I grabbed my camera and went to the garage to take some pictures of what you need to do then found out my camera battery is dead. It's charging now so maybe I can still get some pictures tonight for you.

From your pictures and what I experienced myself on my bike, it looks like what broke is the bolt that holds the two parts of the mirror together, the base that mounts through the fairing onto a metal brace and the mirror arm itself. The part that broke is what allows the mirror arm to swivel. I don't know for sure but I don't think that is a part you can replace. I believe you purchase the whole assembly.

The new mirror you purchase should have two bolts (takes a 6 mm nut) coming out of the bottom that attaches to the metal brace under the fairing. The metal brace also holds your instrument cluster in place. You have to take all the plastic body work off from inside the fairing and below the instrument cluster (there are three pieces) to get to the mounting nuts for the mirrors.

Since you need a mirror you might want to consider getting some Ninja mirrors. I can see way, way better with these mirrors.

I'll post some pics as soon as the camera is charged.

Billsbet0

Got pics now

One pic is the three plastic items I needed to take off to get to where the mirror mounts to the brace under the fairing. You might be able to get to it without removing these but I wasn't.

One pic is of the base of a mirror so you can see how it mounts to the brace. You can also see the part I think broke on yours. I called it a bolt in my earlier post but it is more like a sleeve with flared end.

The third pic shows the brace and what the area between the handlebars and the instrument cluster with the three plastic items removed.

I hope the pictures are not too small. If you want to see them larger, send me your email address and I'll email them to you.

Bill

Attachments

BenignArk

One pic is the three plastic items I needed to take off to get to where the mirror mounts to the brace under the fairing. You might be able to get to it without removing these but I wasn't.

One pic is of the base of a mirror so you can see how it mounts to the brace. You can also see the part I think broke on yours. I called it a bolt in my earlier post but it is more like a sleeve with flared end.

The third pic shows the brace and what the area between the handlebars and the instrument cluster with the three plastic items removed.

I hope the pictures are not too small. If you want to see them larger, send me your email address and I'll email them to you.

Bill
Hey Bill thanks for the post. The only thing is that I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to repairing things. I still have yet to get to fixing the bike. I guess my real question is where can I find new mirrors that come with all new parts to just replace the everything else.

Its just a hassle right now for me. Thank you for the help! Happy Holidays!