Looking to buy and FZ6R: 2013 or 2011 for $1,000 less?

Which bike should I purchase (NZ prices)?

• Total voters

latony007

Thanks. I will be paying cash. The 2011 is actually new as well. They just haven't been able to sell it (so I am hoping I might be able to knock a bit more off the price as they seem pretty desperate to sell)
my mistake I thought you said there was under a 1000 miles on the 11. What are they asking for the 11? I paid 6300 for my 12 in july of 13 there is a thread of what did you pay as well. I would keep in mind a couple things I just really thought of. The 11 tires are probably around 4 years old already (they have dates on them) so tell them as part of the deal you want a 50% off tires in a couple years or free labor or something. I don't think the fluids are in until its sold so your probably ok there, might also have them replace hoses.

I just got an 05 cruiser with only 2100 miles on it and practically brand new tires but since they were approaching 9 years old I didn't want to chance it and am replacing them this weekend, they are the only thing that touches the road after all. Let us know how it goes.

ajs310

Thanks Tony that is all really useful information. They say <1,000 km because of people test riding etc I think. I am going to look at the 2011 Raven tomorrow :)

I am in NZ and FZ6R's are expensive as here (looking at ~$10k-11k USD!) Wish I could import from USA!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Your bike does look pretty damn sexy Scott! I am thinking a Raven would look good in my garage :D
Blah on the raven, its like getting a white prius, everyone has one LOL
plus I still think its too dark at night, add some LEDs if you go with it :)

khasfz6r11

Far out, the FZ6R's are so much more expensive here in NZ :( I am looking at $13.5k NZD (~$11.5k USD) for a 2013 and $12.5k NZD (~$10.5k USD) for a 2011 :(
Those are some steep prices!!!! I just picked up a brand new 2011 for $5000 + tax from a local dealer

latony007

someone figure that out? Last time I checked you are a lot closer to Japan than we are. I guess exchange rate is most of it, your dollar is about 86 cents right now to ours. but you said like 11 or 12k? Shit you could buy one from here and have it shipped cheaper than that lol. They would probably tax the hell out of you when it got there though.

ajs310

someone figure that out? Last time I checked you are a lot closer to Japan than we are. I guess exchange rate is most of it, your dollar is about 86 cents right now to ours. but you said like 11 or 12k? Shit you could buy one from here and have it shipped cheaper than that lol. They would probably tax the hell out of you when it got there though.
Exactly. I hit the dealer up about that and reminded them that the exchange rate hasn't been 2:1 for about 10 years now...

Invader Jim

I have had my eye on a FZ6R over the last month which I have absolutely fallen for. I have just decided I WILL buy one, I'm just not sure which one. I'm currently looking at a 2011 model in black and 2013 models (competition white or team racing blue). 2011 model is about $1,000 cheaper but still <1,000 km.
I have to say I really like the classic look of your Yamaha SRV 250. I bet it has been a lot of fun and easy to ride. The 6R is lots of fun too.

Bert-Aus

Exactly. I hit the dealer up about that and reminded them that the exchange rate hasn't been 2:1 for about 10 years now...
I dont think this forum has the internet space to educate about global economics, economy scales & international business accounting.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

ajs310

I have to say I really like the classic look of your Yamaha SRV 250. I bet it has been a lot of fun and easy to ride. The 6R is lots of fun too.
Thanks, it certainly gets a lot of attention. I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell it! Struggles 2 up though so I'm hoping that's where a FZ6R will come in handy (among other things of course!)

ajs310

I dont think this forum has the internet space to educate about global economics, economy scales & international business accounting.
lol yeah, I know there are a tonne of other factors but I still think NZ prices are pretty extreme. As others have said, I could probably import from the States for less...

ajs310

Went and saw 2011 model. Looked great in black but the dealer wouldn't lower price any further so decided against it. Have not gone with the 2013 as the 2014 models are going to be in in a few weeks for the same price so I'm thinking I could get a '14 model or a '13 model at a reduced price :) Besides, it is winter over here so not rushing into it :) Still think about the FZ6R everyday though haha (don't tell my gf)

ajs310

UPDATE: I bought one yesterday!!!! Found a brand new 2011 model in the reddy-orange/black at a great price. Just have to wait a week for delivery now... I think it's gunna be the longest 7 days of my life lol