Look what I bought

DakinechicK

A Honda Grom! Didn't think I'd be in to this sort of bike, but OMG it's FuN!!

Attachments

abyss1406

NICE!!!! there was this guy at a MSF Advanced rider course who had one, we all gave him crap, but all admitted we'd own one. Nice purchase

RoadTrip

should be a great play bike, more pics, please - curious how small it looks with a female riding, I know it can be pretty tiny with a 6' dudes trying to ride it.

DakinechicK

Here ya go… Day I brought it home. Already modded a little bit since.

Attachments

Bert-Aus

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Hey, please make sure and give us an update after owning it for awhile, I am really interested if the novelty wears off, or it ends up entertaining on the long run.

My rides on the gixxer are typically long, well prepared, time consuming outings; I keep thinking wouldn't it be fun to just have a second playbike and rip around the neighborhoods for the times I don't feel like big trips on the gixxer.

latony007

im uncertain the point of this bike, is the idea to compete with scooters or something? i saw one and even at my midget status i was like damn thats small lol.

DakinechicK

To be honest, I'm not really sure what the overall appeal to them is.
Here is my backstory though if your curious why I bought one…

I have a fairly severe nerve problem in my neck and back which has unfortunately gotten worse over the last year. I have a hard time using my arms and hands when the flare ups are really bad. I go to PT 4 days a week for 3 hrs each time for this condition. I had to sell my gixxer a while back because I couldn't be hunched over on a bike like that for more than 15-20 min. It hurt too much. I've since been missing riding SO MUCH, even though I ride on the back of my husbands bike plenty. It's not the same.

So, initially I told him I'd just like a little 125cc dirt bike to just cruise around the neighborhood with whenever I got the urge to ride. That way I wouldn't be stuck out some 30 miles from home if my arms flared up. Well with the price of a dirt bike, making it street legal, etc, I was told of this honda bike that, in comparison, would be a better choice for the type of riding I'd be doing.

It's super light, nimble, only 150cc's, gets up to about 60mph with me on it, and is perfect for just puttin' around my area with it. I don't know if it's competing with scooters or what. People use them for stunting, racing, etc. I use it to get my motorbike fix since I can't ride long periods of time. It's easy to ride, and with it being so light, it's just simple. Plus modding it has been huge fun!

DakinechicK

Oops, 125cc, not 150cc.

My husband is 6'4" and loves riding it too. There is some unidentifiable aspect of it that is just plain fun. We both smile every time we ride it. Part of it, is you can just ring it's neck and not be going 130 mph like on a gixxer. Plus they are cheap.

I named him Barney. :D

RoadTrip

To be honest, I'm not really sure what the overall appeal to them is.
Here is my backstory though if your curious why I bought one…

I have a fairly severe nerve problem in my neck and back which has unfortunately gotten worse over the last year. I have a hard time using my arms and hands when the flare ups are really bad. I go to PT 4 days a week for 3 hrs each time for this condition. I had to sell my gixxer a while back because I couldn't be hunched over on a bike like that for more than 15-20 min. It hurt too much. I've since been missing riding SO MUCH, even though I ride on the back of my husbands bike plenty. It's not the same.

So, initially I told him I'd just like a little 125cc dirt bike to just cruise around the neighborhood with whenever I got the urge to ride. That way I wouldn't be stuck out some 30 miles from home if my arms flared up. Well with the price of a dirt bike, making it street legal, etc, I was told of this honda bike that, in comparison, would be a better choice for the type of riding I'd be doing.

It's super light, nimble, only 150cc's, gets up to about 60mph with me on it, and is perfect for just puttin' around my area with it. I don't know if it's competing with scooters or what. People use them for stunting, racing, etc. I use it to get my motorbike fix since I can't ride long periods of time. It's easy to ride, and with it being so light, it's just simple. Plus modding it has been huge fun!
Wow, I didn't know about your neck issues. But, I am glad you found a way to stay on 2 wheels and get some thrills.

Bert-Aus

I can see that being a great solution to your situation,
My nephew has a chinese Pitbike very similar to that Grom (although I am sure the quality difference is vast)
Before my accident, riding that Pitbike on occasions was ssoooo much fun!
The thrill of something so small, & winding it up creates big smiles ear to ear.

Congrats Dakine for not giving up & being prepared to battle on

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

i agree, whatever it takes to stay on two wheels, or even 3 because i think a lot of people that have issues or are getting up there should look at a spyder. But anyway congrats and have fun. i hear you about the gixr, i have back (no neck thank goodness) issues and i can't deal with the supersport. the upright on the FZ6R is about the best i can manage so if i ever upgrade it would have to be like the ninja1k or somethign else that has a upright riding position.