Look what came in the mail

Hell YEAH! It took over a month, but it is here! Bad news is that I will be too busy the next two days to do anything! Oh well! I've waited this long! Will post a video for yall!

Attachments

cbzdel

Hey can you do a write up on the PC install??

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
+1 for the PCV how-to!

MNDZA

Congrats! This exhaust is awesome.

xplodnstar

Sweet!!!! Have fun putting it all together.

BTW, did the coasters get thrown in as a bonus? :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Those aren't coasters. Those are high performance knee pucks! :thumbup:

xplodnstar

I'm guessing the cork adds extra impact resistance?

I honstly don't know why those coasters are in the pic! Anyways! The mechanic at the dealer ship said that the Power Commander V has no maps for the TBR exhaust and has no plans of making any......any time soon! I'm a little pissed about that, but I still have the exhaust! Then the dealership said that the exhaust without a power commander or juice box will damage your engine! That doesn't make any sense to me, but can anybody tell me if that is true or not! The exhaust is going in anyways, just curious!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Your dealership is full of retards!

You will be fine to run just the exhaust. And you could also install the PCV at the same time and be fine as well. The PCV comes with the stock map in place, so nothing will be changed. Once TBR comes out with custom maps (call to verify if they have any), or you decide to have the bike dyno-tuned, it will already be installed and ready to go.

I don't like to take the word from the dealership when it comes to afx parts. I have encountered more often than not, that they usually don't know enough about them to be complete informed. That's just my honest opinion.

oyamyers

Congrats on the TB exhaust can't wait to see the video.

This might be a stupid question to some of you, but what is a PCV and what does it do?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

joloy133

I had my bike dyno tuned. Bikes that come to the US and esp. CA run lean. This is to get past EPA smog restrict., etc. That causes the temps to run hotter and could cause valve damage among others. The biggest concern would be to those low altitude pilots who run major miles and run hard, and is cumulative. I doubt the TBR would cause any serious problem. Truth tho from years of car and mechanics is that stock is pretty good for 90% of us. Do not mess with the airbox, every mod there needs xtra R&D. (Dyno don't lie!)

oyamyers

Here is a link. In short, it allows the user to program the fuel maps and ECU for optimum air/fuel ratios to obtain the best possible performance.

Power Commander V, Power Comander 5, Powercommander
That's one mod that I will stay away from. I'm sure I would end up making my FZ6R run like a scooter!:surrender:I'll leave this kind of mod to you younger more technical riders.:bow:

MNDZA

I've been running with the exhaust and hi flow air filter for a while and everything seems okay....I'm still waiting for my dealer to call me about getting a PC or Juice Box.

mfischler

Elite Member
Last edited:
Your dealership is full of retards!

You will be fine to run just the exhaust. And you could also install the PCV at the same time and be fine as well. The PCV comes with the stock map in place, so nothing will be changed. Once TBR comes out with custom maps (call to verify if they have any), or you decide to have the bike dyno-tuned, it will already be installed and ready to go.

I don't like to take the word from the dealership when it comes to afx parts. I have encountered more often than not, that they usually don't know enough about them to be complete informed. That's just my honest opinion.
Thanks! I got my exhaust installed......it purrs like a wolverine! Love IT! Anyways! I will double check the power commander situation! I also double checked with TBR and they said, the same thing pretty much! The guy sounded confused when I asked the question, so that should have told me something! Anyways! Will post a vid of the exhaust some time today!

I called the tech at PCV in Vegas and he said that the reason they don't have any maps other than stock for the FZ6R is because they haven't had anyone bring a bike by to get dyno'd. Once that happens, they will post the map for whatever configuration the bike had. When I asked (ymmv) he said if you bring your bike in and they don't have a map for it, they will dyno and map it for free. I would call to make about that before hand :)
DUDE! Thanks! I'm going to look into that today! Will keep yall informed!