Lighting the air intakes !

adazine

Premium Member

TexanFZ6R

Now that is cool. Would be perfect for turn signals I would think. Get rid of those pesky signals that stick out an inch and a half from the fairing.

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

Hi again. I like this. I am still waiting for my jewel light ebay purchase to arrive... they are shipping all the way from China, LOL. I would like to add these lights at the same time I do the jewel, putting them on the same circut and switch. Can you please provide a link for the yellow lights you used in the intakes? Could you also please post a close up and more detail how they are mounted in there? I am assuming these small leds, 3 of them, take little current so directly wiring them to the switch is ok without a relay?

View attachment 39671

Had a couple of extra leds and thought it would be fun to light the air intakes. I used the 3/4" bullet leds and mounted them in the top portion of the intake. They are on a switch to be able to turn them off in case they draw lawful attention.

sti491

I may wire these to my flush front signals. When I am making a turn at an intersection to where a car is stopped, I don't think the car driver can see my flush turn signal very well. I usually feel the need to hand signal so they don't pull out in front of me. Having these blink along with the flush fairing mount on the side, might give better visibility for my signals from the front. Are they bright enough to see them well in the daytime?

sti491

adazine

Premium Member

adazine

Premium Member

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

Looks great. Good job! Is the link I posted the right lights?

sti491

Wups, I saw your link.. thank you

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

I need to get my M1 security system and remote garage door opener in first when I get home... away for a week. I will do the air intake and jewel at the same time. Seriously, those jewel lights are on the slow boat from China. I shoulda paid $2 more and got them an Amazon Prime LOL!