Life After FZ6R; What's Your Ride Now?

Brock Kickass

With the ever-growing number of forum members moving on from the FZ6R, this thread seems like a good idea. (I can't take credit, Fizzer6R suggested it in a post.) So, for the members who had a 6R and are now on something else:

What is your post-6R ride?
How is it different than your 6R?
What is similar to your 6R?
How long did you have your 6R?
What made you decide to switch bikes?
Do you miss your 6R?
How about a picture of your new ride?

I'll play first. I have an FZ1N now. It's different in that it has about twice(!) the power of my 6R. It also has a stiffer frame, better suspension with more adjustability, and some other upgraded features. It's similar in ergonomics and had the same easy feel to ride around. Is not a high-strung SS; it's an easy bike to hop on and fart around town when you're not in to breaking the land speed record. I had my 6R for two seasons and 21,000km, and I decided to move on because the plan for the 6R was always to use it to get used to riding a full sized street bike before I got something more serious. I really do miss my 6R. I saw a photo of it this morning and it was like seeing a photo of an old friend who moved away. If I was more flush I would have kept the 6R to boot around now and then and use as a "buddy bike." Here's a photo of my new baby, and one of my 6R or old times' sake.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366564293.070960.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

:cool:

besides the obvious power from fz6r to fz1, i rejoiced in getting back much needed brake feel. one thing i've grown to love on a bike is an excellent front brake, I simply cannot attempt comfortably even try to go fast if there's no confidence being able to slow down/stop quickly when needed. my older zx10 stock brakes suck, fz1's are superior

speaking of stiffer (better) suspension, the difference here from fz6r to fz1, feels about the same to me going from fz1 to zx10. i did have fz6r and zx10 in garage for few months, and always had to remember if i was taking both out same day, ride slower one 1st and then faster, if you do it the other way around it kinda ruins the experience

redprodigy35

What is your post-6R ride?
'13 Street Triple R
How is it different than your 6R?
Main difference from the 6R I notice is the 3 cyl engine, and upgraded suspension.
What is similar to your 6R?
It's similar in the sense that you can just hop on and ride the thing without feeling like your about to set the land speed record. Very intuitive controls on both bikes, possibly attributing that to handlebar style.
How long did you have your 6R?
It would have been my 3rd season with the 6R, just under 6k when I sold it.
What made you decide to switch bikes?
The Triumph's engine got me intrigued. Definitely what made me start looking @ them. Just kinda fascinated with 3 cyl's I guess.. My best bud was also looking for a first bike.
Do you miss your 6R?
Yes, I miss my 6R but my best friend is riding on it now. It also was a tad bit more comfortable and less vibrations with clutch play. Wind protection too....:eek:

Attachments