License plate tucked away mod

nickdunn16

I saw a few people on here talking about the license plate being tucked up under the fender. So I took it upon myself and did it! If anyone wants the how to on this let me know and I will post it. Its really easy and cost me 96 cents :) enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nickdunn16

Thought so too!

I would sit on the bike and have a friend take a pic from behind... if it's covered, you're gonna have issues with those Maryland troopers.
I thought the same thing, my bike doesn't compress much when I sit on it. I only weigh 180. But good looks on that! If I have any problems I will let you guys know.The state poopers here suck!

BustedKnuckle

howd you do this,

What did you use to mount it, I have my plate under my tail light but my tire keeps smashing In to it when I hit a big hole or dip especially while riding two up, its really safety issue.

latony007

man i have to think you would get pulled over in 10 minutes here in CA. i dont see a light which is definite no no and just wonder if cops are going to be able to see the plate # at all. Good luck though!

nickdunn16

I think you're going to have issues with it.... but if you don't for 30 or 60 days, I might give it a shot. The tail of the bike is too pretty to ugly up even with a FE.

Plates MUST be lit in Maryland. Do you have a little white light on it? Can't tell.
I have 15 inch LED strips that are bright red, no white, but can run some down there if anything happens. I will let you know what happens. :)

nickdunn16

man i have to think you would get pulled over in 10 minutes here in CA. i dont see a light which is definite no no and just wonder if cops are going to be able to see the plate # at all. Good luck though!
Thanks Tony, I have a pretty lit up bike, I may run a little led strip from my running lights right on back there.

nickdunn16

What did you use to mount it, I have my plate under my tail light but my tire keeps smashing In to it when I hit a big hole or dip especially while riding two up, its really safety issue.
I just used a 1/4" bolt and nut, there is a hole in the back fender that is like a small square. If your tag is under your tail and hits the tire two up, fold or roll your tag. That was my old solution! If you'd like a photo and detailed install, I will provide!

nickdunn16

ALSO I bent the tag forward just a little bit. I am going to run a small led strip back there soon! Look forward to updates:D

latony007

i actually ran LEDs back there too, not for the plate but for looks and to be noticed as much as possible. 2 red strips going down the middle always on and then amber turn signal ones on the edge.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Looks like Christmas Tony. LOL
My nephew said the same thing riding behind me, looks like a Christmas tree lol. I said well thats ok everyone notices a Christmas tree :)