Let The Touring Begin...pic heavy.

creggur

Tracie and I are leaving in a few days on a week-long trip to Helen, Georgia to scrub the chicken strips off in the mountains and enjoy some Alpine Beer festivities.

I've spent the past few weeks ordering the stuff we'd need to hit the road for a week (or more) and finally got everything test-fitted and ready to go this morning....

The bikes loaded down for the ride. Nelson Rigg setup on each bike

Alice in Touring Mode

Tracie's FZ6R ready to hit the road

Command Central... Grip Puppies, NEP Throttle lock, and Throttle Boss mounted on Heli Bars. I believe in better living through gadgetry.

Gel grips installed on Tracie's ride

Peg Lowering blocks installed on Alice...She's within a micro-smidge of being as comfortable as the FZ6R now. Bonus: dropped the pegs 1.5 inches with no loss in cornering clearance when you remove Honda's phallic peg feelers..

Nelson Rigg Saddle and Tail Bag on the FZ6R

Sena SMH-10 Communicators w/Bluetooth... Nice piece of equipment at a nice price...

Alice's Touring Booty...

Anybody know what this means?

All done in time to enjoy some forum fun and a bourbon before my beloved Tide roasts some pork in Arkansas (hopefully)...

Full ride report and reviews of all these new toys after the trip... The Amex has officially melted down...:eek:

sammy56

I have no idea what FYYFF means, but since I am always partial to bad language....I will guess it stands for: "F Yourself You F"ing F". Now watch it be some biblical reference!!

LB

JSP

Super Moderator
VERY NICE SETUP!!!

As for FYYFF... i was with Sammy haha ;)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

creggur

nice!

You have camelbacks for water? If not, it's a nice addition.
That's a great point, dart! Usually just throw a couple bottles of water in a gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag and add ice to keep them cool. The camelback would definitely be better - and the ability to grab a sip on the go is a big plus too!

Thanks...

sammy56

The great news on the weather in Georgia is that a storm is coming through tomorrow and the weather is going to be lows in the 50's and high in the high 70's...maybe 80 degrees even after it passes through. Basically perfect in the upcoming week and next weekend from what I can tell. Hopefully the weather will indeed be perfect so chilled beverages in your bags should be just fine. I am with you though that Camelbacks are great during hot weather.

LB

sammy56

By the way...congrats on the Alabama win over Arkansas. I could not believe that they pulled it off after being down 20 -7, huge win.

LB