Leo Vince

dodi

Does anyone know much about the Leo Vince full exhaust system that's available for the FZ6R. I was at a local bike shop in Vancouver Canada and was inquiring about the Two Brothers exhaust system when the fellow at the bike shop showed me a Leo Vince exhaust system made specifically for the FZ6R. The photo of the exhaust is actually the Yamaha xj6 which is the naked version of the Fz6r which is sold in Europe. It's pretty much the identical bike in a naked version. The exhaust photo can be seen on the Leo Vince USA site so it must fit. Anyways i think the exhaust is awesome looking and i am wondering if anyone purchased this exhaust in North America. I also can't seem to find a sound clip of the exhaust.Leo Vince exhaust systems are produced in Europe (Italy ) and are of a very high quality.The opinion from the bike shop was that the Leo Vince system is of a much better quality than the 2 Brothers. Please let me know if you have any info. Also is it true that because of the design of the Fz6r exhaust system that only a full system will work. A slip on muffler will not work. Cheers and thanks for any advice in advance. cheers.

MikeN02

Does anyone know much about the Leo Vince full exhaust system that's available for the FZ6R. I was at a local bike shop in Vancouver Canada and was inquiring about the Two Brothers exhaust system when the fellow at the bike shop showed me a Leo Vince exhaust system made specifically for the FZ6R. The photo of the exhaust is actually the Yamaha xj6 which is the naked version of the Fz6r which is sold in Europe. It's pretty much the identical bike in a naked version. The exhaust photo can be seen on the Leo Vince USA site so it must fit. Anyways i think the exhaust is awesome looking and i am wondering if anyone purchased this exhaust in North America. I also can't seem to find a sound clip of the exhaust.Leo Vince exhaust systems are produced in Europe (Italy ) and are of a very high quality.The opinion from the bike shop was that the Leo Vince system is of a much better quality than the 2 Brothers. Please let me know if you have any info. Also is it true that because of the design of the Fz6r exhaust system that only a full system will work. A slip on muffler will not work. Cheers and thanks for any advice in advance. cheers.
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/leo-vince-out-17274/
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/leo-vince-exhaust-18590/
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/leo-vince-exhaust-18711/
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/list-slip-ons-18516/

Now don't let roaddawg see this.

Mart Man FZ6R

I don't know about you guys, but that exhaust shown on the XJ6 was fugly at any price, but $1300 US get the f outa here.

From what I've seen, the 2 bros slip on + R6 header seems to be the way to go. Just my .02

joloy133

I like it, and you might be the first of the bunch. It'll be different anyway and we can't all see things the same way. I know they sound good.

Roaddawg

Here's a guy with this particular Leo Vince installed on his XJ6. It' tucked up in there and would probably look a lot better with thr fairing of the FZ6R on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha0zC86Iiio]YouTube - yamaha xj6 leovince underbody 03.3gp[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv7UiGrnsHs]YouTube - yamaha xj6 leovince underbody 01.3gp[/ame]

Newmason

I dont seem to understand why this exhaust wont work for our bikes. If its the same motor and the same frame, just minus the panels, then what seems to be the issue with installing this exhaust on the 6r? Have I missed something?

Roaddawg

I dont seem to understand why this exhaust wont work for our bikes. If its the same motor and the same frame, just minus the panels, then what seems to be the issue with installing this exhaust on the 6r? Have I missed something?
I don't think anyone said it wouldn't fit. In the first post, Dodi said the guy at the shop said it WILL fit our bikes.

Newmason

Hmmm, I wonder how much it is. Ill have to do some research

ry-mac75

Saw it...

....liked the look of it better than the Two Bros... but the Two Bros seems to have a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better bark. If I have one complaint about this bike, is that the exhaust is really, really quiet unless you're really goosing it which means you sneak up on cars sometimes.

I also got a super sweet deal on the Two Bros through work... $690 out the door....

jotapeh

Does this exhaust improve airflow at all? Would there be any HP gain comparable to the TwoBros system? Or is this purely aesthetic/acoustic?

msgirle

Roaddawg, I just purchased this exhaust for my FZ6R and was wondering if you put a power commander on as well? I was told by two shops that it was required but spoke to a rep at Leo Vince and they said we didn't need it. So wanted to see what others have done with it!

MikeN02

Roaddawg, I just purchased this exhaust for my FZ6R and was wondering if you put a power commander on as well? I was told by two shops that it was required but spoke to a rep at Leo Vince and they said we didn't need it. So wanted to see what others have done with it!
Just a little clarification, with a FULL system do really should get a fuel management device. With a slip on it's not really needed but you should get one in the long end.

Because = you're replacing the stock exhaust which has a cat on it which auto adjusts to filter the air or something of that sort. The ECU of the bike can only adjust the Air to Fuel ratio based on the stock exhaust not after market.

Without a fuel management, you're running really lean (meaning a lot more air is coming in and not enough fuel) it's always better to run rich than lean. Also will be dead spots in your acceleration (when you turn the throttle it won't go, then it'll launch forward).

msgirle

Mike,

Here's what Leo Vince had to say:

"SBK exhaust systems provide substantial weight savings, increased horsepower and are engineered to run at peak efficiency with stock jetting or fuel injection settings. Every system utilizes a specific geometric format for each engine to ensure maximum performance"

They said they make it so you don't have to add the power commander because the O2 sensor connects the same way the stock one did.

I'll have to see how it runs after it's installed! Thanks for your input though. I appreciate the feedback. :)

Ride Safe!

MikeN02

Mike,

Here's what Leo Vince had to say:

"SBK exhaust systems provide substantial weight savings, increased horsepower and are engineered to run at peak efficiency with stock jetting or fuel injection settings. Every system utilizes a specific geometric format for each engine to ensure maximum performance"

They said they make it so you don't have to add the power commander because the O2 sensor connects the same way the stock one did.

I'll have to see how it runs after it's installed! Thanks for your input though. I appreciate the feedback. :)

Ride Safe!
Even then, there isn't an O2 sensor on the FZ6-R. Not sure about the XJ6 Diversion though.

msgirle

Interesting...I'll have to call them back and let them know before I install this. Who knows maybe I'll just return it and live with the stock! LOL! It seems to be more trouble than it's worth!!

ajiribarren

Even then, there isn't an O2 sensor on the FZ6-R. Not sure about the XJ6 Diversion though.
The XJ6 has an O2 sensor, the FZ6R doesnt.

The Leo Vince Full system comes with a plug that can eliminate the O2 sensor fitting, for installation on the FZ6R, I saw it on my nuts and bolts bag when I installed my exhaust on the XJ6.

Cheers