Leaving the Fz6r :(

yillbs

I finally moved along to a bigger bike, grabbed the 2016 r6. the good news is, the r6 is so balls to the walls, it's almost not as fun.

It's about 2 - 3 inches taller, which makes flat footing nearly impossible, anything above 10k you're simply holding on for dear life, and if you thought sitting on the fz6r was uncomfy, heh.

I'll probably keep it,i got on it today and it was like night and day comfort wise! just thought i'd share, another fz6r lover moving on to bigger things!

Rumpig

Yeah they're totally different bikes, R6 is more of a sunday canyon thrasher / track bike than daily rider.

BluePill

Yeah, it's too bad that they stopped making the FZ6. It was a sweet spot between the R6 and the 6R.

Of course, there are still some leftover 2015 FZ1's around (He said, drumming his fingers...............) :)

Last edited:

yillbs

Yeah, it's too bad that they stopped making the FZ6. It was a sweet spot between the R6 and the 6R.

Of course, there are still some leftover 2015 FZ1's around (He said, drumming his fingers...............) :)
I actually had the fz6 a while back, didn't realize just how awesome it was until it was gone.

Also, I took the R6 out this morning, did some spirited runs, then took out the Fz6r and I gotta say, I'm likely going to keep the fz6r, any long distance traveling, and this thing has the r6 beat, hands down. It's just night and day. Maybe turn the 6r into a cruiser of sorts :p

With that said, when it comes to power.. it's not as noticeable as you would think. If any one has an fz6r and hasn't been on an r6, while the r6 has massive more power, it's really not useable. SCreaming to 10k on the fz6r is equally as *** puckering as screaming to 10k on the r6. Of course, if you want to sit in 2nd / 3rd gear at 10k on the r6 then you could have even more fun, but until you get used to the bike, fun and shitting yourself are apparently the same thing.

Drennan57

I actually had the fz6 a while back, didn't realize just how awesome it was until it was gone.

Also, I took the R6 out this morning, did some spirited runs, then took out the Fz6r and I gotta say, I'm likely going to keep the fz6r, any long distance traveling, and this thing has the r6 beat, hands down. It's just night and day. Maybe turn the 6r into a cruiser of sorts :p

With that said, when it comes to power.. it's not as noticeable as you would think. If any one has an fz6r and hasn't been on an r6, while the r6 has massive more power, it's really not useable. SCreaming to 10k on the fz6r is equally as *** puckering as screaming to 10k on the r6. Of course, if you want to sit in 2nd / 3rd gear at 10k on the r6 then you could have even more fun, but until you get used to the bike, fun and shitting yourself are apparently the same thing.
Ha-ha I also do not think shitting myself is very fun, although that does have its place.

I had a CBR600 before I picked up my FZ. In some cases I miss the power but I don't find myself in very many situations where I think "I wish I had my CBR right now".

Pretty much the only time I think that is when I get stuck behind a 5-6 car train for a long time. That's when I think back to the days of hitting news paper article worthy speeds in a couple seconds. But its probably a good thing that isn't the case anymore.

Otherwise I'll take my FZ all day.

Last edited: