Leaving gear on a bike

RyanChristenson

Bilt back pack from cycle gear. Has a hidden pocket that come out to hold the helmet. Love it. Never have to leave gear on bike and fairly convenient to carry everything around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BoneJj

More places need to have lockers where you can store your helmet and jacket when you go to a store or something. I've been working on getting the college to implement this.

Bert-Aus

I will leave my helmet secured to my bike if I am going into a place for a time. If it is for gas or coffee/ food stop where I can see it I hang it on the rear peg.
My leathers though, no way on earth would I leave them no matter how secured they were.
Not just the possibility of theft but the chance that someone wants to be a dick & do whatever to them, but also weather, birds & all the othet environmental probabilities

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

dom02

I"ve got one of those cables for my jacket. If I can see my bike most of the time I just leave my jacket/helmet sitting there on or near the bike. If i'm going into a store and it's too hot to walk around with my jacket i'll use the cable to lock it to the bike.

I know those things are easy enough to cut, but crime isn't high here and those who would steal it are looking for the easy grabs.

BoneJj

I"ve got one of those cables for my jacket. If I can see my bike most of the time I just leave my jacket/helmet sitting there on or near the bike. If i'm going into a store and it's too hot to walk around with my jacket i'll use the cable to lock it to the bike.

I know those things are easy enough to cut, but crime isn't high here and those who would steal it are looking for the easy grabs.
I made my own cable lock setup for my bike. I'm using the high strength cable that I found at home depot that is used to hold several hundred pounds of weight. I forget the exact weight rating on the stuff but it was a pain in the butt to cut. I had to use my dremel to get good cuts on the stuff. It actually ruined a pair of cable cutters that I rented from the store, luckily they didn't charge me for that.... lol.

but yeah, the cable was pretty cheap. I think it only cost me a total of like 20 bucks for the cable and crimp ends and all that mess to hook it up to my bike. It took a while to do but it was worth it in the end. I just store the cables under the rear seat and it's good. Basically you would have to have some good bolt cutters to cut the stuff I used.