Leather suit opinion

GoGreen09

I need your opinion; I'm going to purchase my first leather suit and narrowed it down to: Dainese Laguna Seca and Rev'it Silica. Material wise, they felt the best among the ones Ive tried on. There's a lot of reviews for the Dainese, but not much on Rev'It. Can you guys help me choose?

demon408

pick the cheaper one!:D

GoGreen09

Thanks D! The Dainese is just $100 more. I just don't know if it's worth it. I'll just have to sleep on this and decide again in the morning.

demon408

hey its a leather suit. im not sure more money = better product u may just be payin for a name, check the pads and armour to see if the feel about the same, also check the add-on options and cost per suit, let me know what u go with

btastarsky

Probably more important than price or name is which one fits you better. Just like different shoe companies fit differently for the "same size", make sure the suits you are looking at fit you well. You dont wanna be too loose or too tight. Double check your range of motion with the suits on and also look for anything that might get caught on the bike (i.e. pant leg catching on the peg comes to mind).

GoGreen09

Okay, I bought both (will return one) and tried them both on many times. I couldn't do that in the store... Dainese quality is far better than Rev'It. Leather is softer, and the cut puts you in a tuck profile a lot better. The one thing I really like about the Laguna Seca is the details - velcros are full length, instead of 1'' patches. There are lots more padding too! Rev'It has the basic shoulder, elbow, and knees; but they're a lot smaller. Are they enough? Yes, but I think for the $100, the Dainese is a better buy. Besides the CE stuff, there's also foam padding in the shin and forearm area. Regarding the fit, I'm not that lucky to have a perfect fit for an off the rack suit. The Dainese is great everywhere, except for the neck area. Slightly tight, so that may play in the turns. It's not so tight that it's constricting, so I think this may break in a little bit more after a couple of rides. Also the legs are perfect now, but I don't have the option of wearing a padded short for more backside padding. The suit alone has foam padding in the tailbone and hip area, but I want more so I was leaning towards getting something like the Bohn shorts.

Now for the Rev'It: it's a starter suit that has basic protection. It's normally $999, but it's on sale for $599 so I thought I should look into it. Leather quality is better than AStars in the same price range. I don't think it's cut to put you in a tuck position as well as the Dainese. Again, not having the perfect bod for off the rack suits, there are some minor imperfections on the fit. Slightly more room in the thighs than the Dainese, but this I think is perfect for wearing the shorts. The arms have some room, but not too loose. I guess that's another reason to make me hit the gym! This is cheaper, but I think I'll shell out the extra 100 bones and not worry about upgrading for a while.

Thanks everyone for the input.