layed the bike down.

oorgle

day 3 of my highway 1 motorcycle adventure and i layed the bike down. I was cruising the pacific coast highway in Santa Monica and the car in front of me decided to slow and turn fast with no blinker. I had just turned my head to see if the other lane was open so i could pass him and when i looked forward he was stopped. both tires locked and down she went. my left foot peg broke off my shifter bent, my frigging t-rex frame slider BROKE off. It failed at doing its job big time. T-rex will be getting an angry call from me. If it had done its job my peg would be there and my shifter wouldn't have bent making my bike barely rideable.

I popped the rear passenger peg off and put it where my foot peg should go and limped it to my hotel.

my right arm is sore as hell but i don't think anything is broken. and my left foot has a pulled muscle from stopping me when i did my tuck and roll.

yes this accident was my fault. the driver in front of my is an ass for not using his blinker but apperantly i was to close when he finally stopped.

so so mad about the frame slider failing... thats what bothers me the most..

sadly i only have liablity insurance so the cost of repairs is on me. :(

oorgle

yes they are the 3 point no cut frame sliders. complete waste of money. I'll be uploading pics of the damage and the slider that broke off soon.

for those considering buying them... DON'T!!!! unless you like spending $75ish for looks only.

Doncan

Thank God you are OK and the bike was not a total loss. Thanks also for reminding us how it just take a fraction of a second to get into trouble...

Hellgate

Glad you're okay.

Get Motivation for your next pair; you get what you pay for

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

6R Blackout

Sorry to hear about your accident, i am glad you were not hurt too badly! I would like to ask, about how fast you were going, cause I have T-Rex no cuts, I am under the impression that they are really only good for a low side fall and not at a high rate of speed, I think less than 35mph! Dont get me wrong I don't plan on going down, but I am curious as to how they may fair if I have an accident!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

oorgle

i was not going fast. there was to much traffic. I was maybe going 35-45. the bike only slid about 5 feet.

oorgle

just wanted to add that my gear saved me. my head never hit the ground but a lot of other body parts did and because i was wearing my gear I'm just sore not road rashed or worse.

ATGATT

cause I have T-Rex no cuts, I am under the impression that they are really only good for a low side fall and not at a high rate of speed, I think less than 35mph! Dont get me wrong I don't plan on going down, but I am curious as to how they may fair if I have an accident!

From what I hear, any frame slider is not supposed to be for a high speed crash... They are supposed to either separate you from the bike, so the bike doesn't fall on you and slide...or protect the frame at a lower speed.

Alex6

There are a false level of protection many think the frame sliders offer.
They are named frame sliders for a reason and they will not protect everything every time the bike going down. On the parking lot drop they will protect more than during the emergency get off.

oorgle

There are a false level of protection many think the frame sliders offer.
They are named frame sliders for a reason and they will not protect everything every time the bike going down. On the parking lot drop they will protect more than during the emergency get off.
i hear ya and i took that into consideration when i purchased them. my frame wouldn't have taken any damage in this wreck though so there is no reason it should have failed so easily.

I'm only pissed about it failing and my shifter/peg breaking because i wasn't going fast enough for it to fail and if it hadn't my bike would be fully rideable. it would still have plenty of damage but it would be rideable

6R Blackout

I did forget that, I know they are not for a high speed fall, I have heard good things about T-Rex no cuts, I also have heard that the ones you cut and actually bolt to the frame are best! I guess with anything some people have good luck and some have bad luck.

oorgle

i had my gopro on 30 second interval timelapse picture mode and just looked. 15-20 seconds before the wreck i was going 19mph.

shocker35

I just wrecked a few weeks ago going about 20-25 and I have the t Rex frame sliders and they actually saved major damage from occurring to my bike. I also went down in grass though so that may be a contributing factor. I will say I now love those sliders. Anyway, glad you're ok and good luck with the repairs.

Kdubb223

Sorry about the crash man, I had almost the same accident as you 3 weeks ago... cept when my frame slider snapped it popped my bike over on the other side so that slider did its job. My no cut on the left side snapped at the bolt. I have been steadily putting my back back together out of my pocket as well.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member