Kudo's to FLORIDA !!

tractorboy

I recently traveled to Florida for a conference and in doing a good amount of traveling in Orlando....I4/international drive and such. Saw a LOT of signs about watching for motorcycles. I know you Fl residents did say this and posted in... As an out of stater ( NY) It was NICE to see all that.

I also see Florida has no helmet law I see most riders do seem to wear helmets.....Although I would always wear a helmet...its nice to have freedom of choice. Not trying to start a rant or rehash old wounds on that subject either.....just saying.

Other states should follow suit!!!!! (with the signs that is)

alucard0002002

Florida has a helmet law you have to be 21 and have $10,000 medical coverage insurance to ride without helmet. But a good portion ride with helmets anyway.

RandiZ

I must admit that while living in Florida I did not always wear my helmet. My personal rule was if I was not going to hit the highway and stay under 45mph, I didn't have to have it. My warped logic was that I could go that fast on a bicycle and didn't wear a helmet. But, I can also tell you that I've had to kick a few cars because they were about to move into me while on the road.

I miss not having the choice. Don't miss the elderly and out of state drivers staring at the sites rather than the road and everything else around them.

MikeN02

Florida has a helmet law you have to be 21 and have $10,000 medical coverage insurance to ride without helmet. But a good portion ride with helmets anyway.
Yep, 21 and under is helmet always! Thats why we have the under 21 on the plates of those who are under 21.

International drive is always busy with tourists, I work around there and it's horrible driving there.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Mart Man FZ6R

When CA had a choice, I only wore a helmet to keep my ears warm in the winter. The bad thing is a helmet isn't necessarry until it is. You just never know when that will be.

I must admit that while living in Florida I did not always wear my helmet. My personal rule was if I was not going to hit the highway and stay under 45mph, I didn't have to have it. My warped logic was that I could go that fast on a bicycle and didn't wear a helmet. But, I can also tell you that I've had to kick a few cars because they were about to move into me while on the road.

I miss not having the choice. Don't miss the elderly and out of state drivers staring at the sites rather than the road and everything else around them.

You would be better off riding the highway with no helmet. Most accidents happen in city driving mid block. The highway is actually (staticstically) the safest place to ride because there are no intersections. Intersections and mid block encompass the majority of accients.

Sad thing is, that since I live in a place with a really hot summer climate, if we had no helmet law, I'd ride without one. Again, it's all about timing and your beliefs. When God is ready for me, it won't really matter what I have on.

ajkewler

My buddy that I was riding with had a car turned into his lane right in front of him while we were traveling at 35 mph. The impact caused both him and his fiancee to flip off the bike and the first point of impact were their helmets to the pavement. On top of that the cops that came out said that it look as though the bike actually rolled on their helmets right after they landed from teh flip. I'm sure that if they had not been wearing all their gear they would have died from that.

I force my g/f to wear her helmet regardless of what she rides as shown below. :cool:

Attachments