Killer Banana Interview

Killer Banana

What do you do for a living?
I'm a parts guy at Pasadena Yamaha and work as a full time rent a cop :rolleyes:

How long have you owned your FZ6R?
About a month now.. 2000 miles on it and I love it!

What other modes of transport do you have?
I have a p.o.s. 94 Explorer for when I need to transport multiple people lol

If you could have any bike what would it be?
I like the KTM 625smc mmmm :D

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
Off road racing and fabrication, dj mixing

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
I haven't traveled much, but I love spending time in any desert with all my off road buddies just having a good relaxing time.

How would you best describe yourself?
I'm a very old fashioned, hard working young dude. I'm easy to get along with as long as I'm treated with the respect someone would wish me to treat them with.

What pets have you got?
I have a 4 month old airedale terrier.

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
crayons

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
spiders

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
I can stand on one finger

Snow or beach?
I like sitting on the beach.

Windows or Mac?
Windows Vista is pretty cool

F1 or MotoGP?
MotoGP any day!

Which track or album rocks your boat?
anything with a good un tis un tis un tis haha

What is your favorite film?
Forrest Gump

Meat or Veg?
I EAT MEAT

What is your favorite beverage?
Monster! the green one

And finally, your number one rule in life?
You can't fix the past, and worrying or arguing doesn't make anything better. Enjoy each moment because it can all be over in an instant.

Detrich

Welcome to the forum! I bought my 6R from Pasadena Yamaha back in January. Everyone there is super nice. I like the friendly service, and I will definitely be going back for my 4K service... I'm still newbie, and I ride once a week. So, I'm not racking up the miles as fast as other people here...

What made you pick the 6R and how are you liking it so far?

When I was shopping I remember looking at all the beautiful R6's at Pas Yam over & over and dreaming when I'll be able to handle one of those. lol. In due time hopefully. =P

Welcome to the forum!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

not enough time, and i haven't quite wrapped my head around using the bike as transportation yet- only as recreation. so, that's y it's taking some time to rack up those miles.

Thank youu. Why do you only ride once a week?! I think I would get really grumpy! lol

Roaddawg

not enough time, and i haven't quite wrapped my head around using the bike as transportation yet- only as recreation. so, that's y it's taking some time to rack up those miles.
What?!? If you enjoy riding as recreation, then its almost just as enjoyable to ride home after work...definently helps with the stress. Wrap a helmet around your head and get to work!! :D:D

Detrich

i know, but i'm one of those very non-punctual people... hahaha. getting from point a to point b on-time becomes too stressful. it's safer in a cage. :p

Roaddawg

i know, but i'm one of those very non-punctual people... hahaha. getting from point a to point b on-time becomes too stressful. it's safer in a cage. :p
Gotcha. Nowadays, I go nuts if I can't ride to work...unless its raining.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Killer Banana

I get from a to b probably 25% faster on my bike. Not speeding, but the ability to fit into spaces that allow me to travel the speed limit more often, rather than being stuck behind cars. So when are all the so cal fz6r's getting together?!

Detrich

there are a bunch of us in los angeles- spunky, flyingminno, bj, myself, and a few others... i guess we could organize a get together if everyone's up for it :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

generally-speaking californians do everything s.l.o.w... <lol> maybe we're in no hurry 'cuz we can pretty much do everything all year round with the great weather here. :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

Any day except Tuesday works for me... We have a couple choices... We could either make our own gtg or join up an existing meet somewhere... The one I go to each month is the last Thurs in Arcadia, but that might be kinda far for the west siders... It's mostly Asian riders, but all ethnicities are welcome... There are also several SCAR meets throughout each month, but I've never been to those yet...

Killer Banana

I've been to a couple SCAR events and I've heard of the one here in Arcadia. I want to start a get together focused more on getting out and riding rather than sitting at a random tea place talking about riding. :steve: Sitting around is cool too, but it just seems like that's all the other groups do.

Detrich

they do have group rides, but i haven't been able to make it to any yet. the one this past saturday didn't fit my schedule, and it was kinda LONG...

one thing i still find challenging as a newbie, is riding endurance. i don't really have the stamina to do super long distances yet, cuz i get tired. i know they make break stops etc. but, just getting all the way from San Gabriel over to PCH seems kinda far to me- not to mention they went all the way up to Ventura and then back... LOL.

i'm definitely up for meeting up for group rides tho. i would prolly just adjust my participation based on the level of difficulty of the roads. i'm not ready for GMR or Angeles Crest yet, as i'm still practicing going up and down Azusa on the weekends at my own slow pace. i go with friends too, but they just wait for me up top and at the bottom... :)

PS the next Arcadia meet is 830-11pm Thu 12/16 at AU79 in the Pavillions plaza...

Last edited: