killed the Dragon..

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jay

sounds like you need a new seat :D
i did 1200 + in 3 days no biggy . see mods for old farts
I don't need a new seat.. i need a some sort of added cushion like airhawk may be.. surprisingly I was great on first 3 days but coming back is when it killed.. prolly I hammerd my butt too many times on the deals gap on day 3.. I'll check the mods surely..

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

sammy56

I feel like a freakin tool.:tard: Never heard of The Tail of the Dragon.:banghead:
I live like 190 miles from there.
Never had any friends that ride so I never got many opportunities to discuss these things. I'm glad I joined this forum.
I can feel my head slowly dislodging itself from my rectum as I type.
Guess I know what my next day trip is going to be.:sinister:
Dude, a day trip to the Dragon from Villa Rica while entirely doable is a long day....Definitely do it anyway, but you should check out some great local GA roads first. Suches Trail is awesome, great roads in Cleveland, GA and Blue Ridge!!

LB

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jay

details: it's all in the details..!

ok here we go.. so after monitoring Robbinsville weather for many weeks and knowing it's gonna be cold on my way to NC but since rest of the three days looked darn good, i finally made my decision that i will head out to the dragon. I had a pretty chilly ride when i started from Rockville MD on Apr/22 Friday.. got cought up in Rain.. Wind.. Cold.. and some bad traffic.. thank god i had my balaclava with me and after couple of hours it got all soaked.. coz of my running nose:eek:! anyway i made it to the IronHorse Camps and campgrounds by 8:30 pm so it took me around 11 hrs.. Pictures can't do justice to this place, it's only about 15 milesfrom the dragon and i am so glad i ended up there coz i had no idea how good this will be.. i just googled for bunch of places and somehow booked my reservastion thru Bonnie at the IronHorse.. i am going there many times in future for sure.. if dragon is best place to ride.. i'll say IronHorse is best place to stay.. only downside.. no beers as it's a dry county;) if you are a person like me who loves nature.. you know what it feels like to wind down next to a nice little water stream after a tiring day of carving the mountains.. great people.. great food.. movies on big screen at nights.. free pool (i did'nt played thou) bon-fire at nights.. free internet computer access and above all very safe. Day2 on Apr/23 i tagged along with my new friends from Christian motorcycle association group who were there for their annual service/prayers at the IronHorse.. we did one run to the dragon then came down to the Cheoah dam AKA Fugitive dam (thats where Harrison Ford jumped from in the movie The Fugitive) nice picturs.. i was then reminded that my front tire needs relacement.. man i have only been to the dragon once i already busted my tire!! :D i got 14k on my stock tires and rear still looked good so got my front replaced at the wheelers and then we were ready for some more action (yeah brand new tire!!) so i tried to take it easy for couple of miles on our way to Cherohala Skyway.. that have speed limit of 55mph unlike dragon's 35mph and it's also not as tight as the dragon!! not as many cops too..highest elevation 5290 i guess.. nice view. Returned to the IronHorse watched Indiana Jones.. and headed to my bunk house. Day3 i rode to the dragon.. stopped at the Deals Gap mototrcycle resort, bought something for the wife from their store.. and headed to the dragon again and again.. came down had some rest and Rockstar then to the dragon again.. two more times :) came back had lunch at the Deals Gap resort.. more rest then run to the Dragon again two more times LOL.. i got 6 runs to the dragon 12 back n forths and i still can't get enough of it.. it's just superb... got many pictures clicked at the curves and took some shots of the Tree of Shame!! with parts from the damaged motorcycles hanging from it. It was about 5:30 pm when i decided to head back and actually picked some beers on my way back to the IronHorse.. Thanks to my tank bag!! it's a must.. it provides protection from wind drag on free ways and i can actually lean on it without using my lot of muscles to hold me in. I am glad i was able to get to the dragon just before the real season kicks in.. it'll be just too crowded with all the rallies but still would be lot of fun to do. I will do it again if i could.. so you get the picture!! oh i mean the details.. pictures coming soon:)