Keys won't turn....can't unlock the bike..!

jay

So i got all dresed up to ride to my work today morning and as i begin to start my bike, the keys just won't turn... i moved the handle bars back and forth as much as it will go many times and kept trying to unlock the bike but no luck.. after trying for 10 mins i gave up and caged to work:mad:
did anyone ever experienced this issue ??? can anyone tell me what could possibly be the reason.. i mean it was just fine couple of days back and i was riding pretty much all day last saturday.. any thoughts!!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jay

I usually stand the bike up, and wiggle the front... not sure what else to try.

If you think it's rusted, might try a quick shot of WD40 in there... but I doubt that's it.
i don't think it's rusted but spraying little WD40 should not hurt... i rode it yesterday without any issues and today it just wont unlock!!! :confused:

Sage

sit on it and try unlocking, that has worked a few times for me, and the other was pulling up on the front to put more weight towards the kickstand and unlocking

Last edited:

MikeN02

Happened to me one time. Can't recall if it was the lock or turning on the ignition but it wouldn't turn.

Sprayed some WD40 on the key and a little in the lock and it worked.