Kevlar khakis?

latony007

that's really a cool idea. one of the reasons i never ride to work is carrying extra clothes or having helmet head. i dont have anything for my legs right now but want to get some of those motorcylce jeans that are similar. Someone on here told me they were pretty comfortable.

Cerebus

I just ride in my Dockers, except Friday when I can wear jeans. I know riding in just the Dockers is a horrible idea. One fall at any decent speed and I'll be missing skin ...not to mention all the seams will likely disintegrate on contact with the ground and I'll be left flapping in the breeze. :D

Fizzer6R

I didn't try em on, but felt these at local Competition Accessories store - to me they felt too heavy to be wearing during the day when not riding, maybe winter ok however would be too hot for my summers. part good thing as the kevlar is thick. I have a pair of their reg. jean sliders.

good luck, hopefully they will fit you well. my store had a bunch on clearance, tried on a few and some bigger sized ran smaller while others labeled the next waist size down were larger :facepalm:

latony007

latony007

No, I think "Sliders" is the name brand. There are pockets in the knees for actual armor, if that's what you mean.
oh a see, i just saw the armor pieces on the side of the screen which said sliders, which i guess do not come with the pants which is kinda lame. think for 12$ they could just include them. Good luck let us know how they are.

FastFreddy

I think I watched too much Dukes of Hazzard and the like as a kid.

I remember a scene from a movie where the hero, outruns the baddies, then rides his bike off the road, then throws a camouflage net over the bike, as the baddies go flying past.

I'm thinking if I had Khaki pants, I'd be 10% more successful every time I throw a camouflage net over the bike in order to evade. I haven't bothered to pre-place a camouflage net to be ready, but if I had to, I'd be ready ... Of course I'm just fantasizing, police actually do this kinda trip in Victoriastan in places where bikes ride.
No Cookies | Herald Sun

I think these guys were still babies when the Berlin Wall came down, do we have to do it all again to explain it ?

-----

I sometimes wear black cargo kevlar pants to work. Kevlar pants are quite comfortable compared to leather pants or waterproof adventure pants.

latony007

No Cookies | Herald Sun

I think these guys were still babies when the Berlin Wall came down, do we have to do it all again to explain it ?
Wow, this is disgusting. I thought our guys were bad hiding behind a wall or tree or something. This reminds of this article i was reading about a small town in the south that is a town for no other reason that to pass out tickets along this particular stretch of highway, then of course the "town" officials lined their pockets with all the fine money.

BTW when daisy was on i was glued to the TV :)

Cerebus

These Slider khakis get a big thumbs down. They are incredibly baggy throughout the legs. Think of something like a skate-rat would wear. Absolutely no way they would even pass for business casual pants. Construction seems decent and I suspect they would protect as advertised in an accident, but they look ridiculous. :-\

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Cerebus

Could you post some real world pics? That stinks. It's really hard to find a well priced khaki w/ kevlar and knee protection.
They're already back in the box and going back today. Think of the overpants the snowboarders were wearing during the Olympics. They were literally that baggy.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JBAX

Kevlar (riding Khakis).

So after lsearching the forum and looking at the reviews, I have not found anything favorable that are khakis and riding pants that offer some protection. that can pass as biz casual in the office.

Any luck with a brand/model?
(have not seen anyhthing from Bull-it, Sliders or Icon).

What I am after is a pant that is moto specific, that offers some protection, but that pass and fit like Khakis.

Any thoughts?

Also on the hunt to riding boots that are casual enough to wear at work, but offer some protection over normal biz casual shoes?

Sorry if this is on the forum sonewhere, I just had no luck fiding it after some searches.

THANKS in advance.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

I did a search a year or two back for riding jeans or khakis that were up to a level of safety riding pants are... I came up short. Review on the cheap Cycle Gear jeans and khakis came up with VERY mixed reviews. Most people who haven't gone down love them, and people who have say they shredded.

In my limited research, an acceptable (to me) riding jean or khaki will be in the $300+ price range, but I have some super riding pants I've gotten $100-200 with more armor and rip protection. Believe me, commuting everyday I HATE slipping on overpants and packing an extra pair of shoes, but if you want to be safe, it's gotta be done.

(especially since I rarely obey speed limits, if I go down it's gonna hurt)
I could not afford 300 for pants when i got mine, which were the cycle gear jeans, and i think they are ok. better than jeans for sure as they are thicker and have the kevlar in the correct areas. The knee armor kind of moves around a bit so not sure how much it would actuall help in a crash. i supposed if you bought super tight pants it might help that but who wants to ride around in skin tight jeans. i really didnt want to look like a head to toe leather guy who thinks he is racing the track (no offence to full suit guys) They are really comfy though i will give them that, material is not abrasive or anything but since they are thicker than reg. jeans they also get hotter. i would recomend them over regular jeans which is what i was wearing.

Slick

I have a pair of Diamond Gusset kevlar reinforced blue jeans. I purchased them in Lynchburg, TN a couple of years ago, and wear them often, especially in the summer. They have kevlar lining in the knees, seat and hip areas. The gussets help minimize any pinching in the saddle area. Off the bike, they are comfortable if a little on the warm side. Plenty of pockets, and hook and loop tensioners on the ankles. I went with a size larger in the waist to allow ample room for my thighs. They also come in various styles (relaxed fit, straight leg, etc.) Highly recommended! They might also offer khaki by now, I have not needed to check!