Kevlar jeans ?

Detrich

Yah- I always wear Kevlar riding jeans for just casual street riding... But I always wear (1) CE armored shorts, (2) CE knee guards, and (3) full length, hard shell boots under my Kevlar jeans as well...

Kevlar just means the jeans won't tear. We do still need "impact" protection that only body armor can provide.

ATGATT

JoJoJodyJo

I wear them too. I'm not sure if they would really help if I go down or if they just provide a false sense of security, but I like them. My only complaint is that I have to wear the men's jeans (so they are too big in the waist) because my legs are too long for the women's. I'm afraid to have them altered because I don't the cleaners to iron them or expose them to heat and ruin them.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Detrich

Shift has Low Down and Torq model Kevlar jeans. I bought the Low Downs for $75 from Motorcycle Superstore. They are extremely comfy- just not as contemporary-looking is all.

Last year I also bought a pair of Sartso Blue Waves on sale for $150, But the dry cleaner alteration ruined them, and I had to get another pair. :( These look bitchin and I get compliments all the time. But they aren't as comfy as the Shifts imo. The problem is they are a bit tight at the crotch, so mounting the bike is slightly more cumbersome..

Last edited:

RoadTrip

I wore the jeans for awhile with padded shorts and knee pads, but I wanted the racer look and got tired of the flapping cuffs, also I have race boots and they were loose without pants tucked in (Americans don't tuck jeans into boots).

I use Dainese Alien pants (non-perf leather) for cooler weather, and A-stars A-10 Air Flo pants for warm weather; I highly reccomend both, they have the pads and knee-shin armor in them already, and are much more comfortable than jeans with knee pads and extra shorts underneath.

BKP

I wear a pair of Cycle Gear Iron Workers (denim w/ Kevlar).

Deathdiesel

Theres someone in the UK who sells very similar jeans around 150EU or 150USD IIRC. Cant remember the name of the company though.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Detrich

Drayko has the highest rated Kevlar jeans I think. But they're like $250 a pair or something.

BKP

Sh!t happens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Brock Kickass

I wear kevlar jeans for casual riding, and wear padded shorts, knee/shin guards, and proper boots with sliders under them 99% of the time. I like being able to stop for lunch and not looking like I just hopped off the MotoGP grid. Really, though, a leather one piece is the safest thing you can wear when riding. Anything less is a compromise. How much you are willing to compromise for safety vs. comfort/looks is up to you. I think the kevlar jeans are safer than regular jeans, and gearing up underneath them improves them even more, but they are not a racing suit by any stretch.