K&N air filter

Fizzi6ergal

I am gonna change my air filter, as I haven't done it at all since I've owned my bike(4 yrs).... I know, I know. But I was wondering if buying the K&N would be worth my while or should I go stock air filter? I don't have a power commander or an aftermarket exhaust on it. I might just stay stock on the filter... Well I'm glad I just answered my own question. Next question. I've read on a few of the threads about removing the gas tank. I noticed that all of them were saying to completely remove the gas tank to check the air filter. Then some people have told me to just prop the tank up and leave that rear bolt alone. Will the tank slide up with the two black plastic pieces from the fairings there? Or will I have to remove those black plastic pieces? They slightly cover the gas tank on either side of the tank up on the nose of the tank.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

Well, I've had it checked in the pre-paid maintenance's that I've had done. I've just noticed that my gas consumption has been terrible this summer so far. But I did a mileage check last week when I filled up and I am getting 50mpg per tank. I just feel like my bike has had better fuel economy. Usually on a tank of gas with a little consumption of the fuel trip gas, I've usually been rolling around 200+ miles per tank. I'm thinking of replacing the plugs while I'm down there. But I'll snap a pic of my air filter to show what 4 yrs is like on a single air filter.

Fizzi6ergal

PERFECT! Thank you so much!!!! I have to stop being such a baby. I've had the shop work on my bike for the last 3 years so I haven't had to mechanically do anything on my bike yet. I've changed the oil before I found out it was free for me. I'm mechanically inclined, so this isn't going to a big deal for me. I'm sure there are harder things to do, but changing plugs in a car that has the engine sideways isn't fun to do. This should be easier than that. Minus the fact that I don't have to take anything off my engine on my car. lol.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member