Just made an offer on a FZ6R

Bikegirl88

Exciting day!

I just made an offer on a new 2009 Black.

I expect that they will accept it. I will keep you guys posted!!

I am going to miss myfirst bike but it is time to move on!

Last edited:

fz6rwolf

I think you'll enjoy even more than your last bike. Hopefully not too many months before you can ride it (cold winter so far).

Craxican

Congratulations:wav:

I think you will thoroughly enjoy the FZ6R and look forward to seeing what plans you have for it.:thumbup:

Bikegirl88

The GS500 was my first bike and it was a good choice. I have not outgrown the bike by any means as it is meets most of my riding needs.

The FZ6R is my choice as I like the engine and the optics of the bike. I also like the non aggressive seating that the bike offers.

I am looking forward to getting the the new bike and am already thinking of the list of mods but they will not be overly extensive.

1. Exhaust
2. Mudflap removal
3. Frame Sliders
4. Flush mount indicators
5. Power Commander
6. K&N Filter
7. Custom Map
8. GPS

Thank will do it I think.

wely324

thats awesome! did you get it from a dealer? Was the price a good discount off msrp? I'm very close to purchasing a fz6r from my local dealer and they have a few 09's left and the price is about 4-500 less if I get an 09 vs the 10. Just curious to see to make sure im getting a fair discount on the 09.

Thanks

Bikegirl88

here in Canada there was about an $800 difference in the price of the 09 vrs the 2010. I figures that I can put that $800 into the CF 2 bro exhaust.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Congrats Patricia! That is awesome! I really think you'll love the bike a lot more than the GS500.

Question, what is your inseam? If it is under 31", you may want to consider the first mod being the Roaring Toyz Lowering Link and shorter Kickstand. ;)

Pics when you have it! :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:thumbup: Congrats! You will love the FZ6R! :rockon:

Bikegirl88

Congrats Patricia! That is awesome! I really think you'll love the bike a lot more than the GS500.

Question, what is your inseam? If it is under 31", you may want to consider the first mod being the Roaring Toyz Lowering Link and shorter Kickstand. ;)

Pics when you have it! :D
I am having the dealer install the RT Link and Kick Stand prior to delivery.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Excellent Patricia! Congrats again and can't wait to see your progression of mods. :D

Bikegirl88

Here is a pic of me on the bike but It will not be in my garage untill March. No need to pay for insurance until I riding season starts.

I am ordering the power commander and an exhaust this week along with frame sliders.

I will get some decent pics when I have it home.

Pizz

Great choice! I am doing the exhaust and power commander mod too. I am also going to experiment with different sprocket sizes.

We used to live in Burlington and skied in Milton quite a bit (Kelso). Enjoy the bike!

Bigevildoer

Was that photo taken at the Bike Show at the International Centre this weekend?
Managed to make it there on Friday afternoon...

Later!

Bikegirl88

Yep - Finalized the details at the show.

Bigevildoer

Yep - Finalized the details at the show.
Nice...
Buy anything else at the show?

I was sorely tempted by a pair of Harley boots ($100, taxes in!), but managed to resist... Ended up with a magazine subscription to Cycle Canada and a pair of noise reducing headphones for in the helmet.

Think I've got someone to sell my FZ6R to now as well - saves me some money instead of paying insurance on 2 bikes at once!

Have fun!

T.

Bikegirl88

I did buy some leather restore stuff a slice of pizza and a bottle of water!

I really went down to finalize the bike deal. My actual bike is still in the crate as I did not want a display model if at all possible.

So what are you doing with your bike accessories such as your Frame Sliders, FE, flush mounts and windscreen?

SilentT

2009 FJ6R nearly new

Selling the bike due to personal reasons - too many bikes
Raven - many extras

SilentT
Alpharetta, GA

Bikegirl88

Finally got the bike home this weekend. I had a quick ride and am now ready to do some initial mods. Very smooth bike. Even my husband liked it!