Just hit 1000 miles. Woo!

Osoreru

Engine break-in period officially over! :wav:

The semi-sad part is that I don't even really ever have the need (or desire, on roads around here) to run it past 7-7.5k RPMs anyway (that generally gets me up to ~80, I rarely go faster than that even in my cage). One of these days, maybe, I'll find a good track to go around and really see what I can do. Fastest I've taken her to so far was a little under 95, and that was only because the rest of the traffic was passing me even at that speed. Still not sure what made so many people drive so fast that day. It's a rarity around here.

CtrlAltDl

The semi-sad part is that I don't even really ever have the need (or desire, on roads around here) to run it past 7-7.5k RPMs
Then keep it in first. LOL ;)

Osoreru

Then keep it in first. LOL ;)
HA. good call. I may do that one of these days soon just to see how fast I can get in each gear. My brother actually took it up to 80 in 3rd, so it would be kinda fun to find out.

Nick89

I've got 4300 miles on mine so far. :)

I bounced it off the rev limiter about 3 times.

Millhouse

Man... you guys are patient lol. I bought my bike with 249 miles on it and I didn't even make it 75 miles of riding without ringing her out to 10k once or twice lol.

Osoreru

Man... you guys are patient lol. I bought my bike with 249 miles on it and I didn't even make it 75 miles of riding without ringing her out to 10k once or twice lol.
The highest I personally got it during the break in period was around 8.5k if I remember correctly, and that was during the time I mentioned when everybody was going so fast that I felt completely unsafe not keeping with the flow of traffic. Like I said though, my brother took the thing to 80 in 3rd gear on the day I bought it, and I bought it with 0 miles. He had to have been up near red-lining it I would imagine. But yes, I am an exceptionally patient person at times.

Bloke

You can easily get to 65-70 in 2nd ;) makes for great slip road fun.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Bloke

I rarely go above 8 RPM's. This bike, there isn't much reason to for everyday driving.
Unless you want to just actually ride a bike instead of driving a car :p

You have a 11.5k red line above 6k is where it starts to light up! Keep the gears low and the revs high and it's like riding a completely different beast. Not a super sport by any stretch but it's fun!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk