Just bought my FZ6R

Ooter

Are you a proud owner now?
I'm soooo close! I went back to the dealer on Friday and filled out all the paperwork and whatnot. They have to run to the RMV to get the license plate etc but of course that was closed on Saturday so they're going today. Today in MA we have some nasty cold rainy weather, but tomorrow should be sunny.

All that said, I'm going to duck out of work early on Tuesday and bring her home :) Believe me once I have it I'll post pics galore and my impressions in this thread!

O-turn

Partier
I'm soooo close! I went back to the dealer on Friday and filled out all the paperwork and whatnot. They have to run to the RMV to get the license plate etc but of course that was closed on Saturday so they're going today. Today in MA we have some nasty cold rainy weather, but tomorrow should be sunny.

All that said, I'm going to duck out of work early on Tuesday and bring her home :) Believe me once I have it I'll post pics galore and my impressions in this thread!
Thats exactly what I did. Left half day on the day of delivery and spent the whole day reading the manual...

Good Luck!

Ooter

Well one week after I put the money down I have the blue FZ6R in my posession :) All I can say is WOW!

Keep in mind I'm coming from a Ninja 250, so when I rolled out of the dealer's lot and rolled on the throttle, I couldn't believe the force this thing pulls with. Everything was very smooth, but this little bike wants to GO.

I rode around Boston for about 45 minutes at about 45 degrees before I got too cold and had to go home, but it was a blast to be riding again. The bike felt great, accelerated well, stopped quickly, handled well, and did everything I expected it to do :)

Here are some pics in my parking garage. Note that last one with 14 miles on the odometer :)

fz6rwolf

Yeah I've been enjoying mine alot (I see you have the best color, though last weekend when I went back to dealership to pick up plate and reg. they now have a black that looked sharp too). My only gripe was last Saturday while I was out was that head blast on the highway, made me almost wanted to go helmetless as it made my neck sore holding my head straight. Keep looking for a taller and fuller windscreen but haven't really found any, just the puig. Hey Boston's not that far, maybe hook up for a ride sometime. Don't know how old ya are, I'm 46 so I don't get real crazy. Today would have been good for a ride but was busy today. I think this weekend will get some good miles in as it's supposed to be good weather.:D I think I'm around 400 miles so pretty soon will need 1st servicing .

dblakeman

Congrats all, I finally got the $$ together and purchased mine 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love it! This is my first streetbike and after putting the first 600 miles on it I wish I's bought a bike years ago. I also looked at the 650r, but decided on the blue FZ6R.

MNDZA

Haha way to wake up a 3 month old thread. He should be welcoming you since you're actually newer. Congrats on the bike though!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Anytime we can add another 6R rider is fine by me, even if it is an old thread. LOL

reiobard

congrats on the new bike, sounds like you will be pleased, keep an eye out for rides, we have a lot of New England members!

fz6rwolf

congrats on the new bike, sounds like you will be pleased, keep an eye out for rides, we have a lot of New England members!
Which by the way I'd like to get out with some members in the area. I usually break away from family duties on Sundays for a ride and usually just ride to nowhere alone but if anyone wants to hook up for a ride I'm game (long as can ride at not too crazy a pace, I've never come close to dragging parts).