Just Bought a Used 09 Fz6r

Man

Hey guys, so I just bought a Used 2009 Fz6r for $3200. Had about 2700 miles on it. The price was good but the downsides were that it had been sitting for a year and was dropped once. Watched some youtube videos of what to check for and the bike ran fine when I test rode it. Gears changes were smooth and the brakes worked. The chain was a little rusty but I put some lube on it. The seller said he did a oil change and lubed the chain last year. Anything I should get checked out? I also looked at the pipes and I also saw some rust?

20140626_145901.jpg

20140626_150015.jpg

20140626_145940.jpg

20140626_150024.jpg

Hey guys, so I just bought a Used 2009 Fz6r for $3200. Had about 2700 miles on it. The price was good but the downsides were that it had been sitting for a year and was dropped once. Watched some youtube videos of what to check for and the bike ran fine when I test rode it. Gears changes were smooth and the brakes worked. The chain was a little rusty but I put some lube on it. The seller said he did a oil change and lubed the chain last year. Anything I should get checked out? I also looked at the pipes and I also saw some rust?
Oil changed last year. Change the oil before really start riding it. Yamaha recommends every 3k/6 months between oil changes.

Also, dont worry about the headers. Mine are like that too and its happens to all exhausts, including cars. Just need to watch so it doesnt weaken the strength to the point its powder.

Otherwise great buy. I got mine for 5600$ with 3401 miles and a drop.

Man

Thanks. Yeah I thought it was a steal. So I guess the first thing will be an Oil change than. I got a little freaked when I saw the Headers but I guess its normal.

Fizzer6R

smoking deal, congrats and welcome!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Man

Yeah thats what i Thought at first until I went to go see the Bike at the sellers apartment. The place he lived at was pretty nice so I knew than it couldn't be that bad(Near Fairfax Circle).Still deciding to go to the shop to see if they can look at it. Yeah ill def hit you up in MD once I get a phone Dock and can actually go places without getting lost lol.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Headlessmunky

There was a guy in my area(friend of a friend) that picked up an 09 with likes 3500 miles for less than $3,000. It even had frame sliders. Guy he bought it from knew nothing about bikes. He told him it was an R6.

Man

Hahaha damn thats an insane deal, I wouldn't even consider buying from someone who doesn't even know the bikes name, well at least he got a killer deal.