I've turned to the dark side :\ (traded in my FZ6R)

Fenixgoon

For a 2012 Ninja 1000 ABS (not to be confused with the ZX10R)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEoV2Ln9WhM&feature=youtu.be

it's awesome. power and torque in basically every gear at any RPM.

very comfortable. power delivery is linear and smooth. VERY responsive to steering input. i feel like it's more nimble than the 6R despite being quite a bit heavier (about 40lbs)

hoping this is the last streetbike i ever buy, since i wouldn't want anything more for the street (for the track I'd get an R6 or whatever)

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Fizzer6R

nice! we're gonna need a "what I got after my FZ6R" sub-forum section :cool:

Y

yellowfz

Nice ride, like the green of Kawasaki.
Let the good times roll! :)

MaximumHP

Very nice, I looked at these when I got the 6R and loved it too. A little more bike than I wanted at the time, but I could see myself on one of these some day too.

FastFreddy

Fantastic photos. The angle of the seat/tank/console photo gives a good idea of how comfortable the bike is.

They are a great road bike by all reports and easy on the body.

This bike reminds me of getting doubled on an old Z1000 doing 245 km/h when I was a young'un.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

redprodigy35

Grats, nice ride... I love the Kawi's in green (as they should be imo :D)!

Curious as to your feelings about moving up 400cc to a 1000...? How's the acceleration compare to the 6R?

Bike looks like it has a nice central mass/ center of gravity.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

Grats, nice ride... I love the Kawi's in green (as they should be imo :D)!

Curious as to your feelings about moving up 400cc to a 1000...? How's the acceleration compare to the 6R?

Bike looks like it has a nice central mass/ center of gravity.
absolutely - kawis should be green and yamahas should be blue! :D

as for moving from 600 to 1000..i was a little apprehensive at first - so the first thing i did was ride around in the parking lot across the street. the engine's response was very linear and very predictable.

now, if you crank it, you still get a very linear response. but you will FLY!!! :D it definitely lifts the front wheel off the ground, even from a rolling start (yet to test this in 2nd haha). i closed the throttle once i felt that happen though.

i would say the biggest difference is the amount of torque. you feel the engine pushing you, and it never really stops. of course, i've only tested that up to legal speeds. if you were to go through the entire rev range in 1st and 2nd, you'd be well above legal speeds. 1st goes to 70 or 80mph :p you can also be in just about any gear at any rpm and pull well. even at 4000rpm in 6th gear (60mph)

scariest thing about bringing it home? had a cop do a u-turn and come up behind me :eek::eek: he eventually turned off somewhere else though :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member