I've just got a GSXR-750 K7!

Bruno

Hey guys, i just wanted to share that i changed my ride! I had an XJ6N heavely tuned (Camshaft, Valve springs, ECU, PCV and autotune. Yeah, too much!), i did everything i could to squeeze the maximum perfomance (96rwhp on my last dyno run), it made me so happy and i learnt so much with it! It was my laboratory, i messed with everything in the engine and the bike was still running strong with 31k miles on it! This engine is really bulletproof, period! The new bike is actually older, a GSXR-750 2009 in Brazil, which is the 2007 model in USA (And all other places i think), but here, we usually have some years of delay for new launches, unfortunetly... The gixxer has even more mileage on it, 50k miles, what makes me worried, though it looks newer than my XJ6... I really like the look of it (Just want change the wheel color that the previous owner painted fluorescent green)... I haven't ridden so much yet, but to honest, i don't feel a huge diference powerwise... I know it is there when i look at the speedo, but i really don't feel it on the throttle so much (We have to consider my XJ6 was very strong after mods)... I'm having a hard time with trying to find a good riding position. I already knew it would be hard, and now i can feel it. Having a gear indicator on the speedo is nice... Another thing i like in this model year particularly is that the cat is not welded and it is attached through a clamp to the exhaust, what makes easy to install a slip-on... I always wanted a sportbike, that was my dream... I may regret in the future, but i needed to to do that... I gave my bike plus something around USD3,000... It seems too much and maybe it is, but vehicles are way expensive here, and differences are proportional, so it has to be considered... That is it for now, just wanted to share, if anyone would like to know more, just ask! See ya

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bruno

Sweet! Can't go wrong with a Gixxer. Have fun and keep the rubber down... well the rear wheel at least :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Always good to get a reply from you Martin! Do you think 50k miles are too much for these bikes?? What lifespan can i can we expect from these engines?

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Bruno

Great choice, as far as the riding position you'll get used to it, focus on using your core to hold you in place, do not lean on your hands, and keep your head and shoulders loose and low, and your head long.

As far as power wise, you'll notice the difference when you ring it out, down low the FZ6R has more grunt, but then it dies out. The GIXXER will hit its powerband at 8k. Ring it out and you'll feel the power difference.

What mods are on the K7?
Today i could feel the power better, fisrt road trip... I hit 155mph very quickly, in this place, on my XJ, i would have reached 125mph i think, maybe a bit more...

No major mods on the GSXR, the previous owner told me about K&N air filter, aftermarket windscreen and iridium spark plugs.

I'm getting more used to the bike... But it is still pretty unconfortable... one thing i still don't like is the position neck must be to look ahead when tucked in, this way the arms get more comfortable, but to look ahead, you must lean your head forward too much (upward movement if i was standing)!

Do you look throught the windscreen or over it? This windscreen is black tinted and it is hard for me to see throught it! I have the clear one and maybe i will install it!

i'm thinking about installing an aftermarket exhaust, but i don't want something too loud. I like the looks of mivi suono, leovince gp style and two brothers on the GSXR-750 K7, but i don't know about the sound... I've seen a couple videos on youtube, but i don't think i can sound perceive intensity of sound this way... Do you have an advice for me? Ohh, there is this danmoto exhaust too, i don't like the look so much but it is extremely cheap (It is "made in China")...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member