It happened in a parking lot...

I had my 2009 Yamaha FZ6R professionally Dyno-tuned :)

I had been wanting to have the Dyno tune performed ever since I had installed a Two Brothers CF exhaust, Power Commander V, and AIS blocking plates. The map I had been using, was the one from the TB's website (22-008-003).

After the tune. The bike accelerates smoothly through the full range of RPMs, idles better than before and gained some HP and torque :D

Final numbers:
HP went from 69.89 to 73.71
Max torque went from 40.96 to 43.34

I had this done by Nels, who owns and operates 2 Wheel DynoWorks

my bike...waiting to be tuned :)

Here is my bike getting "mounted into position" :innocent:

Can you say WFO....

Finally... :smoking:

Deanohh

Nels does a great job.... knows what he's doing. I don't think vtwins are exactly his thing but did a map for my Honda VT1300 Sabre. Really smoothed out the a/f ratio and tuned each cylinder separately with the PCV.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
That's really cool! How does it compare to my RevB map?
The RevB map provided by TB's seems to error on running more towards the richer side of the A/F mixture. In fact, Nels mentioned that in some cases (lower RPMs) that it was 20% more richer than it needed to be. After having it tuned, and now running with the optimum A/F mixture, the whole RPM range is smoother. One other (positive) effect, is that I lost all of the backfire(s) that typically occurred during quick releases of the throttle.

CrazyCawi

What'd that cost