Issue with new tires, need help.

Kaizen

So I put new Pilot Road 3s on my bike about 200 miles ago. Since then the two times I've gone over 100 mph the rear tire starts to vibrate and feel unstable. I didn't have this issue before I put the tires on. Is this an issue of the tires not being broken in, a balancing issue from the installation, or something else?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Kaizen

1 check psi
2 get them re balance. Wont be the first time balance weight fall off. I got mine done this week and the weight was hanging by an hair...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, I will check the PSI and if that's not the issue take it back to the shop to have it rebalanced.

Skidro

In my last three sets I've had,

1. weights fall off within the first week.

2. had my front tire mounted on the rim backwards, Twice. The first time i had it on the bike before i realized it and the second time i was putting it on the bike when i realized it. I check them now before i leave the shop.

bmw675

I put a small piece of duct tape over the weights. They aren't going anywhere.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bmw675

You guys are getting motorcycle weights instead of automotive right?Our wheels have a lip down the center to mount weights internally.If theres a automotive weight on the sides of the wheel then you need to go somewhere else.
Some still put the old style weights on cars? If they try to put that on my truck wheels, I'd to somewhere else. I have the sticky backs on everything.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

RoadTrip

Some still put the old style weights on cars? If they try to put that on my truck wheels, I'd to somewhere else. I have the sticky backs on everything.
My shop did the flat stickies for awhile, but they fell off one time, it appears they have gone back to clip style, I really don't care either way, as long as they stay put and the wheel is balanced.