Is this normal wear for a jacket involved in a crash?

After I fell months ago, there was damage to my jacket and pants. What I did notice was there are 2 holes just below the elbow on the arm. They are about a quarter size.

Now, I only fell at roughly 25-35 mph and slid a little on that arm... What I'm wondering is... What happens if I were to fall on the road at 65 mph? Would the jacket completely rip off my body and I'd end up with very traumatic injuries?

This was a good textile jacket I found (according to many reviews). I still use it today (even with the small holes). It's called the Shift Streetfighter SS Jacket. It's 600D.

Should I re-invest money and buy a higher quality jacket? I'm kind of concerned a higher MPH accident would result in a greater injury.

Now, I'm even questioning the ability my mesh jacket has as far as protection goes.

CrazyCawi

pix

10char

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Detrich

perorated leather > textile > mesh

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Those numbers mean a little something to me only because there are "Jeans" in the equation.

I'm still wondering if you slid 100' feet going 65 mph, how well would the fabric hold up. Worse case scenario?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chucker

Textile will protect you in most road incidents, but it'll be shot afterwards. No second chances with textile.