Is this a good deal?

ChrisQ0904

Not sure if this is the right section but if its not I am sorry, just tell me where to post it.

I was looking around for different lifts and came across this, so I was wondering if it seems like a good deal or is it one of those its too good to be true things?

Link: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Bike-Stand-Front-Swingarm/dp/B00340NKLE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339283894&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: New Motorcycle Bike Stand Front & Rear Swingarm Lift Set: Automotive[/ame]

Thanks in advanced
-Chris

EDIT: or even this one? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Paddock-Kawasaki/dp/B0036QZ8VQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339283894&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Front & Rear Combo Wheel Lift Stands Fork & Swingarm Stands Paddock Stands Fits Yamaha Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Ducati Bmw: Automotive[/ame]

richierich781

for stands, yes but it depends on the quality, its hard to judge from pictures. If you are only going to use it to do regular maintenance then it should be fine. the shipping is pretty high. Personally I use harborfreight stands and I love them.

ChrisQ0904

Wow didnt even know that harbor freight carried them. Ill guess that ill have to check them out before anything. Thanks for the help.

Deathdiesel

Wow that is a great deal, as long as they work, and are made of relatively thick steel then who cares?

Im seriously considering jumping on those now...temptations..If its made by harbor freight, then as long as its a simple design it should be fine. Ive bought many of their tools, and for the price they are good tools, compared to snap on tools they are junk, but snap on is usually 10x the price literally.

However I did buy one floor jack from them that just wasnt safe, but thats not nessecarily simple to make.

daddyrack

Premium Member

Deathdiesel

Can deal with rubber, tape handle wanted area off, scuff with medium grit sandpaper, spray with truck bed liner, boom great handle.

daddyrack

Premium Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

richierich781

i like the harbor freight stands too but the rubber on the swingarm stand lasted about 2 lifts..... not sure what to use on it in place of the old rubber.
I've had the harborfreight stands for over 2 years and I've never had a problem with the rubber pieces, they practically look new and I've used more than I can remember on both my bikes. how are u lifting the bike that the rubber pieces are scrapped off? I usually use a buddy to lift it up to the stand or if it cant be helped and I'm all alone I prop the bike up with a 2X4 under the kick stand to have the bike level, then I put the swing arm pads under the swing arm and I just push down and have the wheels on the stand roll forward.

daddyrack

Premium Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member